Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoD5 Pugs!

Hey guys,
    Thought I'd let some of you know about this fantastic tool. Basically, it allows you to join a mashed-up SD scrim between 10 players. Some very talented (as well as, but fewer, less talented) players visit the pugs to get a few practice rounds in before the day starts - you'll see a lot of these on Sunday in particular. I personally believe that it's some of the best [public] practice you can get.

*Note! It is recommended that your name in mIRC, Ventrilo, and ingame be nearly identical - otherwise when the wrong number of players join (which occurs quite frequently) you're not mistakenly kicked.

Connecting/Joining a Pug
    -Load mIRC
    -Connect to the server: Gamesurge (the EU server)
    -Connect to channel: #cod5pug

Commands
    Enter one of the following commands in the chat:
    .vent = view the pug's vent information.
    .view or .list = view the players that are in the next pug.
    .join = join the next match.
    .last = display how long ago the last pug started.

Once 10 players have joined the pug, a screen will appear in the chat that designates teams.

Joining the Match
    -Connect to the pug vent
    *If you don't know what server (aka CHI) your pug will take place in, simply ask, in mIRC, what CHI it will be in and you'll get a response.
    -Switch to the appropriate channel and team for your match.
    -Copy the server information from your channels comment (example: CHI 1's comment will have server information in it.)
    -Load CoD5, open the console, and paste the connection information.
    -Join the game, have fun!

Pug Rules
    -Never leave a pug! Even if you are doing poorly, don't leave the match. It is very poor sportsmanship and will get you banned from the pugs.
    -If you DO need to leave, post in mIRC (or go into the Ringer channel in Vent) for a ringer (aka substitute) to take your place. This will often save you from losing your rights to pug.
    -Be mature! Most players are here for practice, only occassionally will you run into an arrogant player, whom you should just ignore. Be respectful of other players, and you will find that pugs are very enjoyable.

If you have any trouble or have any questions, feel free to contact me.
    Xfire: Kodakscope

Re: CoD5 Pugs!

Wow - that was fast Thanks for the post, we'll see if I play anything

Comment

One time.

COD5 Pugs

Comment

Still not up and running yet, I'll let you all know when it is.

Whiskey, you did that last time! lol

Comment

Wow. o.0

Wish the damn game would work!

Comment

Pugs are up and running! See you on the battlefield!

Comment

With the announcement of MW2 possibly failing competitively, many players are giving WaW another shot. While the sound is still atrocious, if you feel like giving it another try hop into #cod5pug and people are starting to play it again.

Comment

Might join in on this stuff. I've had WaW installed since I bought it. I really think it's a great game and this will get me into it even more.

Comment

Yeah, I used to play these all the time when I first got the game - and before competition died (the 1st time). The original mod used was DAMN mod, which was a flop for both CoD4 as well as WaW, and the new mod should improve things this time around.

Comment

I'll be sure to be checking this often... I used to play CAL BF2 and would like to play some competitive WAW since MW2 will blow without dedicated servers :|

Comment

Just checked the pugbot and it seems like WaW is dying again - last pug was over 3 days ago. However, I do know that there is a competitive pub server and a few of my friends play on it.

IP: connect 68.232.168.174:28960

Comment

Word thanks... some pubs just get so boring... 130-25 in HC haha

Comment

Originally posted by Defekt
                          Just checked the pugbot and it seems like WaW is dying again - last pug was over 3 days ago. However, I do know that there is a competitive pub server and a few of my friends play on it.

IP: connect 68.232.168.174:28960
                          Its dead now. I haven't seen pug going in a few weeks. The irc channel is dead and I believe the pugbot is not working.

Comment

Working...
                          X