• Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite Battlefield Game?

Haha I guess i'm the only one that like Bad Company

Comment

Originally posted by iQu'e
      We had a thread like this a while ago.

But since it was some time I vote again. I'm pretty sure BF2 will win, it has always had the most players. 2142 is still the best imo
      BF2142 would have owned big time if titan never lagged.

Comment

well that's the price you pay for bringing something that ambitious to a game. in theory, it wasn't a bad idea, but their engines weren't capable of handling the load. titan mode is pretty enjoyable (especially if you are assaulting it) when there's only a handful of people on it.

that said, titan should run pretty well on more recent CPUs, i wonder if guys using top of the line PCs run it smooth.

Comment

2142 of course! Cause I never played the other titles.

Comment

I voted BF2, but Vietnam and Desert Combat (but not vanilla 42') are close. I never liked 2142, and haven't played Bad Company or Heroes.

Comment

It was a close call between BF2 and 2142. But I had to go with BF2.
              In 2142 I love the team balance, the squad points and incentives, and the unlock system, and some really cool weapons.
              But where I feel BF2 exceeds is in class diversity, variety of vehicles (no equivalent of a Humvee in 2142, or boats), and map design and layout. The maps are very complex and varied, and most of them seem to have a unique theme. 2142 seems to recycle buildings alot, and terrain in the larger maps, like Shuhia Taiba, Minsk, Sidi, etc, is somewhat flatter and unoccupied as compared to BF2 maps of the same scale, like Fu She, Daqing, Kubra, Dragon Valley, etc.
              Still like 2142 though. Great practice for BF2.

Comment

BF2142, i have played most of the other battlefield titles and by far 2142 exeeds in its awesomeness and incredibility. Battlefield 2142 FTW!!!!!!

Comment

I have owned battlefield 1942 for a couple of years now, and I have yet to download DC mod for it, I usually end up playing Forgotten Hope. One day I will download the DC mod, it will probably be the day I install 1942 again.

Comment

Originally posted by iQu'e
                    We had a thread like this a while ago.

But since it was some time I vote again. I'm pretty sure BF2 will win, it has always had the most players. 2142 is still the best imo
                    BF2 had the most sales because BFV was it's predecessor. 99% of those that have played what the Battlefield series once was and what made it the sales it has; will say BF1942 and BFV were the best. Any time.

Comment

Battlefield: Modern Combat???? hahaa you forgot one more :P

Vietnam all the way. First Battlefield I played and got me hooked to the series.

Originally posted by randomduded12 View Post
                      Oops, Vietnam is its own game, but now I can not go back and change the poll. Dude that needs to change soon. As for the whole discussion on the difference patches/Mods made, just include all of them with their repective games. Next poll I make, I will check my knowledge before posting.
                      Thank you for owning up.

BFV to 1942 was like 2142 to BF2.

Comment

Modern Combat on ps2.... I actually enjoyed that game, not as much as the other bf though.

Comment

Originally posted by BiBi View Post
                          Battlefield: Modern Combat???? hahaa you forgot one more :P

Vietnam all the way. First Battlefield I played and got me hooked to the series.

Thank you for owning up.

BFV to 1942 was like 2142 to BF2.
                          I think the reason why I equated them with each other is that they use similar engines and I remember hearing that sometime.

As for the whole Modern Combat spiel, that I equated with Battlefield 2 because I remember hearing about it when the console versions were released. They always said Battlefield 2: Modern Combat. So, just include it with Battlefield 2 if you want to vote for it.
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefield_(series)

MY FACTS ARE RIGHT THIS TIME! RIGHT????

Comment

NOOOOOO

lol yes but it's on a different platform so probably best adding it as it will play like a totally different game.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavrik347
                              NOOOOOO

lol yes but it's on a different platform so probably best adding it as it will play like a totally different game.
                              If an admin decides to change it, fine, but I no longer care. Just include it with Battlefield 2.

Comment

Spam pull, Spam Time!! ROFL!! Post count goes up!!

It has been asked before, since you put it in the BF2 section, I guess BF2 will win... I vote all of them are great games.

Comment

Working...
                                X