Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expectations for the Bioshock Movie?

Hello all!

Now i know this might strike you as old news, but read on...

"Film Industry rumors after the game's release suggested a film adaptation of the game would be made, utilizing similar green screen filming techniques as in the movie 300 to recreate the environments of Rapture.[161] On May 9, 2008, Take Two announced a deal with Universal Studios to produce a BioShock movie, to be directed by Gore Verbinski (Pirates of the Caribbean, The Ring) and written by John Logan (Gladiator, The Aviator, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street). It is said to come out Summer 2010.[162]" (Wikipedia: Bioshock)

That's an excerpt from the final paragraph from the wiki page. Now after reading that i took a while to think about it, and came to a conclusion that this film might just work its way on beating all other video games adaptations. I just wanted to hear the public's thought on this so go ahead and post your comments!

Re: Expectations for the Bioshock Movie?

No Uwe Boll? Should win then

Comment

This might actually be good.

I have my hopes up

Comment

Me too, i am as thrilled as i was when i heard that Kojima is the script writer for the MGS Movie!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle101
          Me too, i am as thrilled as i was when i heard that Kojima is the script writer for the MGS Movie!
          Great, I hope people would enjoy stupid translation or Nipponized Engrish.

Seriously, do people from movie industry really run out of idea or what? We all know that B-class movie makes good video games, while great movie makes mediocre to crap games. Good video games, on the other hand, makes bad movies. Why are they keep trying this route? Do they really want us to puke and die in theaters watching bad video game movies?

So, what's next? Mirror's Edge movie? Oh, wait......

Comment

I have high hopes for the MGS movie imho.

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode View Post
              Why are they keep trying this route?
              Because people keep seeing these bombs, and studios keep making money (somehow). As long as that is the case, they'll keep churning out craptacular movies based on games.

Comment

New news to me - i'm excited!

Comment

Working...
                X