Tanks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanks.

Well since they have tanks now what do you think about them?
    I think they may be a bit over-powered a small bit, but otherwise well balanced.
    I haven't tried to kill a tank with C4 yet but hitting a tank in the same place with the bazooka's and a sticky grenade I think kills it, so in that respect I think it is quite good.

If infantry get up close it is hard for the driver to kill them as the main barrel dosn't go far enough down

The second posistion with the MG is devistating but he is very easy to pick off (maybe a bit too easily as I always see tanks with no MG gunners

What I think will make the tank unstoppable is the Co-aixal MG perk, which I think will make the driver have a Main gun and a machine gun? If so we might be screwed....

Another thing I think tanks in S&D is just stupid...
    And if one team has both tanks its basically game over for the other team.
    See here --->
    Vent your thoughts and suggestions

Re: Tanks.

I like the tanks. Ive blown them up and have been blown up in them. They are a bit strong, but the splash damage and reload time and the fact if you get close to them, they cant hurt you makes up for it.

Treyarch said they made the tanks a bit tougher so that people would work together to bring one down. If you have the bazooka/satchels and sticky bombs you can fight the tanks yourself, but I dont know if its worth that

The map has a ton of cover and the tanks cant freely go everywhere.

I kinda dont like the overhead view as its really hard to impossible to sneak up on them. I think it would be better if you only saw through a slot or scope. Of course that wouldnt be as much fun as a tank driver

I also like how you hit the tank, parts fall off. Thats pretty nice. Figuring out how much health you have is a bit confusing. You go yellow/orange/red/die or something like that, but how and when is hard to say.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

If im honest i havent really noticed them. There is so much cover you can just walk around them without them getting in your way.

Comment

They are very well balanced imo, they are not underpowered but inf have a lot of potential to kill them.

Comment

They are silly in S&D, and in any other game mode for that matter. The map is too small, it doesn't really fit in I think.

Comment

Once people give more thought to their configs, I'm sure tanks will probably be turned off on most servers for game-types like S&D.

So far, I don't mind them in general. They are tough, but not impossible. But taking them on by yourself is often hard, esp as there are often campers hanging around waiting to shoot anyone who attacks their tank. Picking off the top gunner is especially satisfying though.

Comment

I love them. They are very well balanced imo. If you are getting owned, grab a rocket and blow the tank up. Its not very hard.

Comment

they're good.

Comment

Having a top gunner, or switching quickly between driver/gunner seats is key. A good driver/gunner combo can really do some damage.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
                    I kinda dont like the overhead view as its really hard to impossible to sneak up on them. I think it would be better if you only saw through a slot or scope. Of course that wouldnt be as much fun as a tank driver
                    try right clicking.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
                      try right clicking.
                      I mean there shouldnt be an overhead at all.

It doesnt really matter though.

Crunch
                      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

being the driver is cool but the gunner sucks.

oh.... has anyone see the "Vandalism" challenge under "Boot Camp"?

Comment

Originally posted by [DBD]crowfoot View Post
                          being the driver is cool but the gunner sucks.

oh.... has anyone see the "Vandalism" challenge under "Boot Camp"?
                          Yeah, i thought it just proves that it's just a mod of COD4 they forgot to take it out, unless the explosive barrels count as a car lol...

Comment

Originally posted by [DBD]crowfoot View Post
                            has anyone see the "Vandalism" challenge under "Boot Camp"?
                            Originally posted by evant3k View Post
                            Yeah, i thought it just proves that it's just a mod of COD4 they forgot to take it out
                            Looks like Vandalism was just left in for the Beta. Check this video of the full-version, from the 1:00 min mark to about 1:12. I think they changed it:

EDIT: or not. :|: I just unlocked the Tank-related Challenges, and the one from the vid is in there. Hmm...maybe there are old cars on some of the maps that we get to blow up.

Comment

There might be cars in other maps surely?

Comment

Working...
                              X