Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting started online

Hi Everyone,

Just joined and this is my first post. Top site for a top game.

My mate and I both bought this game and want to play against each other online. How do I do this? Does it cost? I am a complete novice to this so any advice would be most welcome....

Regards

T823

Re: Getting started online

its very simple and a few points to remember.

firstly, communication with your friend. illl assume you will use MSN ? for gaming this isnt the best IM device, the best being a program called x-fire:

Xfire is a leading entertainment outlet, covering the latest gaming, film, TV, wrestling and fandom news, producing invaluable guides for your favorite games and shows, and writing thought provoking feature articles.

its a simple, small in file size, amazing IM messaging program for gaming. download and add you friend when he dose the same.

now joining a server, you want to join a server with lowest ping, this is best. so look for servers with like 20-50 ping. or with the name of your nation in , like UK or USA.

once in the server best bet would be to make a squad and lock it , invite your friend and play together !!

real easy, if you need me to go more in depth say and ill try help.

Comment

You can easily find the best servers by clicking the top of the "ping" column, This will auto arrange the server list from lowest ping to highest ping or visa versa, Like Gaz said lowest ping (1-100) is the best.

Gaming online is completely free (in most cases) and so are any patches/map packs. Which brings me to another point, before you can actually play the game you should download and install any patches for it.. Patches are just files created by the developer to fix any bugs and also to make improvements on the game, without the latest patches you won't be able to play on the majority of the servers.

Comment

Thanks for the input everyone. We must be missing something here though. We have ust tried every concievable option for the last 2 hours without success..

Bascially we downloaded and installed x fire no problem. We located each other and then it all went wrong....

How do we get from xfire to a joint game? Do we load BF2 through xfie if so how??

Cheers

T823

Comment

The easiest way is for one of you to join a game while the other uses X-fire to join the friends game. Basically all you have to do is both be logged into X-fire while one joins a server the other simply right clicks the friends name in X-fire and then clicks "join" this will automatically join you to the server that friend is currently playing in.

The other way is to manually enter the server information using Game monitor.

To do this just right click favorites under the "server" tab in X-fire and then click "add custom IP to favorites" Then in the pop down menu select the game you wish to add a server to. Using Game monitor copy and paste both the server IP and Port number into X-fire and then click ok

Comment

Thanks we will give it a go.

One question though....when BF2 loads up do we just go to play now or do I create a local or internet game?

Cheers

t823

Comment

you go multi player - join internet , then apply some filters to narrow the server list of un-needed servers. (see below screenshots)

the best way is for one of you to check the server list and join a server, any server (with a good ping and space for both players)

for e.g i chose this server : "EA UK jolt.co.uk #4" (note the server filters)

[media]http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/51467e811f3e95589f6973e352a6c45f8249e281.png[/media]

before i join it i send a message over x-fire to my friend something thats in the name of the server, in this case #4.

he then types that into server name and:

[media]http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/a15724317e32bbfc5b90b521ad3779637935feae.png[/media]

in most cases he see the server and joins. yey !!! happy!!

Comment

hi, welcome to the game.
                Just like Crazy said make sure you download the patch. It's 1.41 and can be download thru xfire. Man, I cant wait to get back to gaming. I haven't been playhing for 4 months now.

Comment

Yes please be sure your game is updated to the latest patch release.

Comment

Working...
                  X