Got Far Cry 2? [FC2 OFFICIAL THREAD]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Far Cry 2? [FC2 OFFICIAL THREAD]

Okay. Hello guys and gals! Post anything about the game here! SHARE ALL YOU EXPERIENCES WITH FAR CRY 2! :salute:

Re: Got Far Cry 2? [FC2 OFFICIAL THREAD]

Comment

i enjoy the game alot few bugs ive seen and one CTD. there are online modes ranked and unranked. ranked is the way to go of course i think.

maybe in the patch some tweaking to the weapons could be done. some adjusting to the G3 as well as the A303 Springfield M1903. the flame thrower is cool as hell

the game is very fun the maps look very realistic

i like the fact if youre wounded you cna hit the H key and he will. lite a wound on fire or pulle the bullet out with a pair of pliers. ive seen him pull thorns out and reset his wrist.

i enjoy the game very much

ive had some issues with punkbuster but who hasnt with a new game

Comment

I like the fluid of the gameplay, being able to go wherever i like without any restrictions, is ace! I also like the weapon sounds, they are loud and sound realistic to me. I haven't seen any bugs as of yet, and the performance is astounding! I can play @ 1680x1050 very high DX9 mode without any issues at all. DX10 on the other hand is abit laggy, hopefully some new drivers or a patch will sort that out! (the new Nvidia hot fix drivers don't work)

Comment

I really like the game. I think that overall its better than Crysis although the action in Crysis was better. The feeling however is much better than Crysis. Here you really feel its a horrible place and a country gone really bad, while crysis felt way to fake.

One small rant though. I really don't like how you need to empty half your clip to kill an enemy. I really hope this changes later, I have only played for 4 hours and I haven't unlocked any new weapons yet really.

A tip for anyone who wants to get more of the "country gone bad in Africa" feeling. Watch the following movies:
          *Last King of Scotland
          *Hotel Rwanda
          *Blood Diamond

All three are very good movies and will increase your desire to play a game set in Africa.

Comment

Originally posted by idaeus View Post
            i really like the game. i think that overall its better than crysis although the action in crysis was better. The feeling however is much better than crysis. Here you really feel its a horrible place and a country gone really bad, while crysis felt way to fake.

One small rant though. I really don't like how you need to empty half your clip to kill an enemy. I really hope this changes later, i have only played for 4 hours and i haven't unlocked any new weapons yet really.

a tip for anyone who wants to get more of the "country gone bad in africa" feeling. Watch the following movies:
            *last king of scotland
            *hotel rwanda
            *blood diamond

all three are very good movies and will increase your desire to play a game set in africa.
            exactly!

Originally posted by Trevortt
            I like the fluid of the gameplay, being able to go wherever i like without any restrictions, is ace! I also like the weapon sounds, they are loud and sound realistic to me. I haven't seen any bugs as of yet, and the performance is astounding! I can play @ 1680x1050 very high DX9 mode without any issues at all. DX10 on the other hand is abit laggy, hopefully some new drivers or a patch will sort that out! (the new Nvidia hot fix drivers don't work)
            CONTACT Nvidia PRONTO!!!!!

Comment

I really love the game, it reminds me a lot of oblivion(the complete and utter vastness, total sandbox game).

My main beef's with it are...

1. There's more white people than an EU conference(IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE AFRICA!)
              2. There are no civilians, the only people in the game are mercenaries and rebel troops. This gives the game a sort of empty feeling, which I don't like.
              3. Guard posts regenerate as soon as you leave their site. I can wipe out a guard post, set the entire place on fire and destroy the buildings. I can come back 5 minutes later and it's back to normal, the troops are there again and all the things I destroyed are restored.

Other than that, it's one of the best FPS' I've played in a long time, you can take it any direction you like and be totally satisfied.

Oh and Idaeus I did just that the first day I played FC2 haha. As soon as I had played for about 4 hours straight, I popped in my Blood Diamond blu ray and got even more in the mood.

Comment

Sever support is so poor.. No dedi server or command line start up.

Comment

i have it
                  but wish i would have saved th $$ ... its garbage

Comment

i wish the vehicles were faster...because they're obviously not going as fast as they say they are on the speedometer. Also on vehicles, they shouldn't take damage in from the rear if there's nothing back there too damage. And to continue the things I don't like about vehicles, I'll say that they promised us "exciting" vehicle chases, but all I've had so far with vehicle chases is me going about 100km/hr (******** more like 30km/hr, but hey the game says so) and the enemy right behind me just raping me with a machine gun. I mean, I know some of the vehicles suck but you should be able to go so fast that if you're not a good driver you'll be out of control and crash or if you are a good driver you should be able to lose your pursers instead of having to stop ever 2 min to kill patrols. Maybe there's some special button to make your vehicle go faster that I missed, which now that I think about it is a great idea...I also don't like that the enemies have so much health.'

Edit: I also forgot that I've had some trouble with invisible walls when trying to climb up on rocks to snipe.

Comment

Originally posted by [WS] KillerStickMan View Post
                      i wish the vehicles were faster...because they're obviously not going as fast as they say they are on the speedometer.
                      I found a buggy on the east edge of the first map.

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode
                        I found a buggy on the east edge of the first map.
                        The buggy doesn't go any faster than any other vehicle.

Comment

Yeah, the vehicle chases aren't really "chases." Basically, unless the vehicle is already going the other way, I end up just immediately switching to the gun and shooting out the passengers, repairing my vehicle, then continue driving for a minute until I'm forced to repeat the process.

I think I'd enjoy the game a lot more if I could do missions even more "freely" - Yes, sounds weird, but look: I have to travel to the other side of the map to destroy a target, but along the way there are 5+ guard posts and plenty of patrols. This means I'm using all my good weaponry on these patrols, and by the time I reach the objective I just want to get it over with rather than do something creative.

The game is fun, but it could have been more enjoyable IMO.

Comment

This game really is quite fun, i just wish guns did more damage or soldiers took less!
                            The driving is somewhat erratic, smoothing it would have been nice and made driving more enjoyable.

One positive is the graphics. They look awesome and scale very, very well

Comment

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dknjjHNiApg[/media]

lol..

Comment

Working...
                              X