Lag.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lag.

For some reason I seem to be lagging while playing online The servers I play on I normally get between 40-60 ping and my internet speed is good in both download and upload speed yet i still seem to be a second behind everyone else. I notice it most on Killcam, for instance if someone kills me but just before they do i let off a shot from the sniper rifle on killcam i can't see me taking that last shot. Also when I'm on a corner and i see someone coming around and I'm all lined up and shooting they still seem to be able to kill me even though i had them lined up and taking shots before they even knew i was there.. What could cause this? My pc is sufficient and so is my internet.

Re: Lag.

You cant go by killcam as it leaves things out and is not entirely accurate.

Make sure punkbuster is up to date. Since you havent played for a while, it may be trying to update itself and causing your lag.

People disagree with me on this, but I know I am right when I say, if you have antivirus on you should turn it off. It scans all the incoming packets for virii. It really messes up games with high packets.

Defrag your harddrive. Sometimes thats helpful.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Hmm yeah I have avast running constantly I'll try turning that off and see how I go

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
        You cant go by killcam as it leaves things out and is not entirely accurate.
        This is true. Going just by killcam can be misleading (and actually often leads to cheating accusations). Killcam doesn't use every variable in the game to do the simulation - just the the basic ones. So, as Crunch said, what you see on there isn't 100% representative of all the little details of what happened. You have to take it with a grain of salt.

Comment

Ok I'm definitely lagging, Not only is it noticeable by killcam which NEVER used to show any delay before but I'm also getting owned on corners a lot more and even by guys with 300+ ping while i have around 70-100. I have closed any programs that may be causing it and even turned my anti virus off.. I have no clue what else it could be.

This is my internet speed test results and I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with that.

Has anyone got any ideas??

Comment

Afraid not. There are a lot of variables that can cause lag. Here is a checklist of things you can do:

Checkdisk/defrag hard drive.
            Clear out temp directories and files.
            Scan PC for viruses and spyware/malware.
            Disable software not needed while playing.
            Manually update punkbuster.
            Try other games and see if you lag in those as well.

Also, think about any updates/upgrades you may have done to your PC from last time it was working fine to now.

You might try another network cable. Maybe you have a bad cable and its causing some issues. Though I think you would see that in your upload/download tests.

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

CrAzY eYeD cAt, are u with TPG? Which plan? I'm thinking of moving to TPG in the next couple of weeks and was going to go from ADSL1 to "ADSL2+ Ultimate Heavy".

I think you and I are having a similar problem. I reckon it's a recent MS patch which is stuffin things up for us but how do we know which one?

Comment

my tail of woe, same thing as Crazy Eyes Cat this game is driving me mental! I play with an average ping of about 60, I go up against a dude who's ping <30, have my rds bang on target, pull the trigger, fire 3 shots, and they all miss! then the dude nails me - on kill cam it shows my bullets about 6 feet wide of the mark though when my opponent places their rds on me and pulls the trigger the first bullet always seems to take the head off me grrrrrrrrrrr..

Comment

Working...
                X