Socom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Socom

Anyone tried the new Socom? I thought about getting it, since one of my friends is getting a PS3 just because of it and giving up his 360 so the game must be worth it.

All my friends use to talk about nothing but Socom on the PS2.

Re: Socom

Most popular 3rd person Shooter on PS2 and I have heard nothing but good of the PS3 version

You can customize your Character, Your Weapons etc. Many Maps and there is a bundle where you get the official Bluetooth Headset

Comment

anyone tried this game yet?

Comment

It was really fantastic on the PS2, by far and away the best online shooter for the PS2. New one isn't out yet over here but I will be picking it up at some point when it does.

Comment

Im getting harrased by all my friends who just got a ps3 for this game. (and before use to hate on me and someone else for having a ps3 and not 360)

i just laugh at them, but the game seems quite cool, i'll go buy it within the next couple of weeks to get the bluetooth headset as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Manzi
            Im getting harrased by all my friends who just got a ps3 for this game. (and before use to hate on me and someone else for having a ps3 and not 360)

i just laugh at them, but the game seems quite cool, i'll go buy it within the next couple of weeks to get the bluetooth headset as well.
            I played the Beta and I enjoyed it every second. The beta is still on (In the UK) but not many people play on it now, only close to 20 people during the day. I say if you enjoyed the SOCOM series, you should enjoy this.

Comment

Went out and bought the game today with the bluetooth headset.

PSNID: MrKLM

Comment

Originally posted by Manzi
                Went out and bought the game today with the bluetooth headset.

PSNID: MrKLM
                Give us a heads up on what it's like I remember reading a review a couple of days after I made that post giving it just 3.5/10 so..... Just let us know

Comment

I have a handful of friends who bought a PS3 just for the game so it must be good. I'm still downloading updates.

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

What's the verdict Manzi?

Originally posted by Cryptik
                      It has been re-reviewed by a couple of Sites due to the recent patches that fixed most of the problems that made it get bad scores still haven't gotten it as R2 and LBP are on my list first. I havent played my PS3 in months because I havent gotten a decent game for it yet
                      Sweet good to hear they got it fixed up. Nothing worse than unreliable connections online and bugs :rawr

Comment

Well if I was reviewing this game for the site (I might do an actual one later) I would give it a 7/10.

The game is decent, from what I hear from former Socom 3, 2, 1 players most of them love it and enjoy the game. I myself dont really enjoy thirdperson shooters. There are bugs and it's a pain in the butt to try to get people in the same channel and same server you cant just join them in an existing game so it has its problems and could be improved.

So rent it see if you like it. I only got it because I have a good amount of friends who bought a PS3 just because of this game. So we are playing together now and are entering a ladder at gamebattles.

Comment

I think im gona pick me up a copy when its out.. the headset looks prety sweet too

Comment

Originally posted by Liam:o View Post
                            I think im gona pick me up a copy when its out.. the headset looks prety sweet too

Game is crap, headset is good.

Comment

I wouldnt say the game is crap, but it has its issues. They ruhed it and are now trying to fix it with lots of patches. The new patch looks promising but I'm waiting for some new maps already. If you do play, usually works best to get a couple of mates and go into the quick match rooms and hope the other the doesnt leave. Past the sometimes lag and other issues, it is a fun game.

Comment

Working...
                              X