Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Derectional Arrow?

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
    I just assumed it was the typical incompetent Intraweb spelling we see these days.
    Dude...4th grade spelling bee champ. :salute:

I was actually hoping you would be the one to catch it lol.

Comment

Comedy tip: usually, you want to subtly highlight stuff like that in text, often using italics. Like this: derectional

If you do that, then your audience knows it's not a mistake, and you'll get more lolz.

Much to learn have you, young padawan. Mmm, yesss.
      /Yoda

ps. I usually reserve my spelling nazi skills for people who are jerks online.

Comment

I disagree sir, but opinions are usually different amongst different people. At first, I was going to highlight the erection part, but that would've taken away from those who were studious enough to read into the word. The subtleness was in the fact that the word was so close, most would not catch it, and the few who would see it, would then lawl even harder.

I also like songs where the message is not obvious and thrown in your face with the lyrics, yet not to the point of no understanding and illogical. I like where the message is there, you just have to listen a little more carefully for it, or read more carefully in this point. Italicizing or bolding the text would've dumbed down the joke. Basically, I would've 'pulled a Leno' where he explains the punchline of a joke about three times after he tells the joke. We get it Jay...no mas por favor.

I somewhat hoped most would not get it so that I could THEN say, read a little closer my children. :thumbsup: It's cool when things are right in front of you, you don't see them, and then things are revealed and voila!

And we're talking about this over a paintball pen0r pic of the day...:shot: My day is over lol.

Comment

That would normally be the case, but in this situation, no one read into that and everyone missed the joke. In that situation it would be better to simply highlight it and preserve some humor. :salute:

Comment

Working...
          X