Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your way of winning The Scheldt

Whats your tactic to win The Scheldt?

99% of the times I play The Scheldt, the middle island becomes the big chokepoint. The times I win it always seems to be because the northern bridge is repaired and tanks are rolled in there. So never because of me...

Whats your tactic?

Re: Your way of winning The Scheldt

I only played the Scheldt a bunch of times and don't like it so I don't have real tactics on it, it's always mortar kombat on the middle island, followed by arty spam. In the beginning you can try to build wire to block most of the paths and make some MG/bunker/wathever to prevent it from being cut, then sandbags (only the brits can destroy them in the early game with the truck but it's risky). Then focus on middle island, op the fuel, try to keep it till M8/Puma then heavy tanks.

Comment

Not playing it is a good start, horrible map imo, wayyy too small and just becomes a arty fest, although an early m8 rush on the south base nearly always works for me.

Comment

I use the middle island as a forward base with lots of MG nests and AT guns.

Go Airborne: reinforce northern sector [field HQs etc] + have mortars to kill enemy engineers fixing the bridge.

Repair Bridge with plenty of tanks and infantry in reserve, then drop airborne men far side of bridge to hole up in builds and tie in flanks for tanks.

Use tanks to destory MG nests and then drop AT guns into the sailent along with moving riflemen to cover the bridge from enemy countering [+ protects Tank flanks]

Once Base is destroyed, drop one airborne into the feilds far north and bring up tanks after any AT guns are destroyed. Use Riflemen to test defences and flank MG nests and take out any lurking infantry :] Then, once riflemen have cleared out of infantry drop some airborne and AT guns. Then join Tanks to the mix. Hard to stop :]

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Tasty View Post
          Not playing it is a good start, horrible map imo, wayyy too small and just becomes a arty fest, although an early m8 rush on the south base nearly always works for me.
          Yes the map being too small is a big issue for me too.

Comment

i think its a bit more favourable to the team on the western side......because of the lone guy down the bottom that can easily get cut off.

an early bike/jeep rush by 2 teams can get into a base quick and do a lot of damage.

Comment

Don't you mean the east side? Or am I completely lost here?

Comment

yeah I think he means east .

Comment

Working...
                X