BIA:Hells Highway first impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIA:Hells Highway first impressions

I got my copy of Hells Highway today for PC, and so far after playing it for a half hour, I am quite impressed. The cinematic cut scenes are captivating and are a lot of fun to watch, the dialog is well done, and everything looks great all around.
    The squad and cover features take it away from the other run of the mill WWII shooters and give it more depth. It's not your typical run at 10000 Germans by yourself while all hell breaks loose and survive. The threat factor warns you of danger, and you better get behind some cover or you'll be dead pretty quick.

Oh and watching a German get blown in half in slow motion never gets old!

Here's my first screenshot of the day, I wish there was a POTD for Hells Highway so I could submit it but o well.

This one kraut isn't enjoying Holland like he thought he would...

[media]http://userimages.totalgamingnetwork.com/1206/ScreenShot00000.bmp[/media]

Re: BIA:Hells Highway first impressions

Lool whats with the blacked out hand?

Comment

I have it for ps3 the singleplayer is fun and intriguing story but the online is just bad.

Comment

GFX are amazing..

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

I gotta agree that the graphics are amazing... Even on my rig..

There is one thing what has been really buggin me out. No blindfire. This game definetly needs one.

I have died so many times because i have to get up from the cover and wait until the Jerry's get up, and then i have been either killed by other enemy, or because of Jerry blindfire.

I mean, why they have one, and i don't??

Comment

any of you tried the multiplayer yet?

i dont like it

Comment

i have it on the 360 and got it delivered on the day of release. i was captivated by it i couldn't keep away and completed during release weekend.
              i think it's the whole squad based play that does it for me. now i do love the CoD games but i always felt i needed a game where you could give orders to your men. i think there was a console version of CoD where basic instructions could be given, but my experience with BiA:HH just put me in my element.
              However, go to the Xbox forums and so many people are bitching about this game it's untrue!
              EDIT: also, it wasn't just the game play i liked, i thought the missions were pretty good and the story (yes i know it was based on real events) too.

Comment

I was hoping it will look more gritty and photorealistic. It looks good but too polished and cartoony, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Manzi View Post

i dont like it
                  Brothers In Arms and Online doesn't mix that well, so i'll just prolly stick with other online games...

Comment

Although gameplay is more important than graphics, that screenshot really does not impress me at all. Very "cartoony" as someone wrote above, and the colours are far too bright...really seems to take away from a gritty WWII atmosphere, IMO.

Comment

Getting it tomorrow from GAME!!! cant wait guys, and nice first impression Kr1kit now i am really looking forward to it for the PC!

Comment

Originally posted by Manzi View Post

i dont like it
                        I tried the online for 10 minutes and gave up, it's a joke. From what I saw, there's only four servers up right now. Besides that point, the online play just isn't fun at all. It's laggy, buggy, and extremely boring.
                        I think I'll stick to Day of Defeat and CoD2 for online WWII action until World at War comes out.

Also there's one huge bug for me(not sure if anyone else is having it). The game isn't saving properly at all... There will be times where I'll have beat an entire level, and i'll have started the new one and quit. And when I went back to play, it started me at the previous level.. And it doesn't show it as being saved at all(even though it says saving).

This really pissed me off this morning, as I have to beat the entire industrial complex level again.

Comment

i dont mind the brightness of the overall color of the game it brings a more open feeling to it all i love the dirty in depth story though so its a great mix i think of opposists. while moh has the dark grit but lacks the dirty dark story so it doesnt work well but this does

Comment

The squad system was quite nice, however i found they died more from not taking cover so its not really worth using them much, stopped playing because the story was just so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Tasty View Post
                              The squad system was quite nice, however i found they died more from not taking cover so its not really worth using them much, stopped playing because the story was just so bad.
                              Are you kidding me? The only time my squads have died was when I was an idiot and had them following me while I rushed blindly into a wall of Germans. They find cover 98% of the time on their own, the AI is quite intelligent.

Also I think the story is one of the best out there, it gives the characters a solid personality and depth. All the MOH and CoD's(except 4) have had terrible stories, providing nothing except a couple minutes of meaningless dialog.

Comment

Working...
                              X