Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My User Review of Quantum of Solace Demo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My User Review of Quantum of Solace Demo.

Game: 007 Quantum of Solace DEMO [PC VERSION TESTED]

Rating: 8/10

Platforms: PS2, PS3, Xbox360, PC, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS.

Release Date: EU 31st October 2008, NA 4th November 2008

Quantum of Solace will be the first james Bond title to hit current gen consoles, using the CoD4 game engine according to:

The game is set out to come on all next gen consoles as well as the still standing PS2, the Nintendo DS, lets not forget its also a PC title.

The demo is only 600~700 MB so dont expect a spoon full, just a teaspoon full from what you are going to get from the actual game. But dont let that stop you from getting this demo as its a great trial before you actually shell out for the game.

My experience from the demo, it starts, in the sewers, i cant tell where exactly, although if i were to guess i would say Venice perhaps?!

You begin chasing a man in a black suite, the place you are in is in the MI6 Basement as far as i remember, as you chase the villain, you will run into some resistance by some henchmen, nothing your P99 cant handle! Along the way i have picked up numerous weapons amongst them were:

Uzi

MP5 Scoped

Glock 18C Automated uzi like

All can be equipped with a silencer, gives the weapons more of a stealth image. The Graphics of the demo was not bad at all, i did not realize they were using the CoD4 engines, but in some aspects of the game you can tell.

The water in sewers, is a cross between CoD4 and TF2, which gives it a nice look, and the effects of when you jump from a high level, gives it some realism to when you land and touch your surroundings.

The health system is more or less like Rainbow Six: Vegas, and CoD4 combined, you regain health when you take cover, but if caught under constant fire, you will need to search for cover.

To conclude this demo was a true delight to play, i had a minor headache before playing it, after that small 15min game play my headache was gone, anyways to sum up, i urge all bond fans, and non-bond fans to give this demo a download, and a try

Re: My User Review of Quantum of Solace Demo.

Well as it goes, most of the Bond games have been pretty good so far, and judging by this demo this one will be good also. I didt think it looked quite as nice as cod4, maybe that was just the level im not sure. I liked the cover system, guns look pretty medicore, im pretty sure im going to buy this for the sake of a few fun hours.

Comment

I dunno how the real game will turn out, but after judging by the demo, i can take a guess that the game will be above average, hence why i marked it a 8/10.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle101
        I dunno how the real game will turn out, but after judging by the demo, i can take a guess that the game will be above average, hence why i marked it a 8/10.
        I think the game will definitely be above average as well. It adds some really cool elements into a FPS game and the new Bond movies have renewed confidence in the series and I think confidence in the Bond games will be the same. It does help that it's also built on a great engine that is optimized and can run on many different systems.

I still miss my Goldeneye on N64, but it's nice to see some new twists to a Bond game.

Comment

I think that they should make the circle bigger when you're firing from cover.

Comment

Thnx for you positive answers guys, really appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
            X