possible cheat...probably brought up before

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible cheat...probably brought up before

TRY THIS.......it's probably been done or mentioned before BUT...since I dont use voice,,,,,,,you can still type in recon by doing one simple thing....dont begin the round.

Use the w key and fly around in spectator mode....if your on voice...just tell your team what you see....or just type it in......I took out a commander doing this just now...giving away his location.JUst dont start the round...fly around like your invisible and giving recon tips to your team..........nice going DICE....another one you didnt catch.

Re: possible cheat...probably brought up before

that is spectator mode, if you press c it will change in between people on your team.. I am pretty sure that you can turn that mode off in the server cc, I could be wrong though.

Comment

Yes it is a server option, it's up to the server admin to disable this.

Comment

Why remove yourself from the battlefield by doing something the SAT Track and UAV do very well enough already?

Comment

Spectator modes are hardly counted as a cheat or a bug given that they're intentionally included into the game. Shurikane also brought up the other reason why it's pretty much redundant to try and use it for your teams advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Shurikane View Post
            Why remove yourself from the battlefield by doing something the SAT Track and UAV do very well enough already?
            eh maybe if someone was really bad and it would be better if they didnt spawn in at all but then they were a good observer. but.. then usually being a good observer is part of being good at the game.

Comment

yea yea I know fellas......but I view voice as a cheat(old school gamer here)...I always have and what if so many times happens....when you DONT have a commander?.....get my point?

I got an assault medallion by giving my TEAM vital info using type...not voice....and I never fired a shot.Never entered the round......:salute:

Now is that fair?

Comment

Originally posted by Snakeyezzz View Post
                yea yea I know fellas......but I view voice as a cheat(old school gamer here)...I always have and what if so many times happens....when you DONT have a commander?.....get my point?

I got an assault medallion by giving my TEAM vital info using type...not voice....and I never fired a shot.Never entered the round......:salute:

Now is that fair?
                If it's cheating, then why are you doing it? Would you like your stats wiped?

Comment

Originally posted by Snakeyezzz View Post

Now is that fair?
                  How did you get an assault medallion when you didn't enter the round?

Comment

You realize you could've been a commander and would've had an ever greater effect.

The commander can scan the entire map. The spectator can only see a small part of the battlefield.

Comment

OP says voice is cheating?
                      I betcha those bloody terrorists use radios or something to communicate! Damn cheats.

Really you aren't doing anything for your team that you couldn't do much more effectively as a commander. For example, if you see a whole enemy squad moving on an unguarded flag all you can do is say "OMG they're going for the flag!!" but if you were commanding you could skip the middleman and just drop an orby on them or command a squad to defend the flag.

Most servers I've played on have the spectator mode disabled, in fact I don't think I've been on a proper ranked game that has spectator mode.

Edit: also I'm unsure on the major differences between voice and text, besides the obvious that one is written/read and the other is spoken/heard you're still doing the same to get a message across...

Comment

Nah, the difference is this:

Voice goes to five people maximum and everyone hears you.

Text goes to the entire team in all caps and yet no one notices.

Sometimes, I wish I could VoIP some sense into my own team.

Comment

Working...
                        X