How to enable PB manually??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to enable PB manually??

im trying to connect to servers in PR and i cant, it keeps saying that i need to have PB enabled to play on these servers, but teh wierd thing is last week i was playing PR fine, i didnt do anything that i know of that disabled it.

any help is welcome

Re: How to enable PB manually??

There should be a PB check box in BF2 under the multiplayer server list under in the "filters" list.
    "Crunch's First Officer"
    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

yep that is checked, still not working

Comment

Open Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001\General.con with notepad and see if GeneralSettings.setAllowPunkBuster is 1.
        Do the same for 0002 0003 etc if you have more than one profile.

Comment

Could also trying stopping the PunkbusterA task running then run the game and see if it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Natt View Post
            Open Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001\General.con with notepad and see if GeneralSettings.setAllowPunkBuster is 1.
            Do the same for 0002 0003 etc if you have more than one profile.
            didnt work

Originally posted by Sir. Tasty
            Could also trying stopping the PunkbusterA task running then run the game and see if it works.
            also didnt work

Comment

sounds like it might be a problem with one of the pb services running? try re-installing pb, and using the pbsetup.exe

also try "pb_cl_enable" in the console, without the quotes.
              "Crunch's First Officer"
              twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by signa View Post
                sounds like it might be a problem with one of the pb services running? try re-installing pb, and using the pbsetup.exe

also try "pb_cl_enable" in the console, without the quotes.
                how do u reinstall pb?

Comment

Welcome to Even Balance, Inc., home of the PunkBuster anti-cheat system.

Comment

Make sure your windows user account type is administrator.
                    Delete the PB folder in Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2\
                    Download and run http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php
                    Download: http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsvcfaq.php and run the uninstall first, then install.
                    Please make sure you allow the services PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe from your "C:\Windows\system32\" folder (or "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\" on 64bit systems) in security software like virus scanners and/or firewalls.
                    In case of doubt, manually add both to your firewall's allow list.
                    After the installation process you will only find PnkBstrA, so just make sure this process file is not blocked.

Comment

Make sure your windows user account type is administrator.
                      Delete the PB folder in Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2\
                      Download and run http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php
                      Download: http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsvcfaq.php and run the uninstall first, then install.
                      Please make sure you allow the services PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe from your "C:\Windows\system32\" folder (or "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\" on 64bit systems) in security software like virus scanners and/or firewalls.
                      In case of doubt, manually add both to your firewall's allow list.
                      After the installation process you will only find PnkBstrA, so just make sure this process file is not blocked.
                      how do i add both pba and pbb to zonealarm firewall allow list??

Comment

They should be in "C:\Windows\system32\" folder (or "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\" on 64bit systems).
                        You might have to start the game and tab out to get pbb.

Comment

They should be in "C:\Windows\system32\" folder (or "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\" on 64bit systems).
                          You might have to start the game and tab out to get pbb.
                          well they are definatley allow (as far as i can tell) but it cannont join a Pr server, but i can join CoD4 servers fine.

Comment

Working...
                          X