pb 119502 driver/program disallowed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pb 119502 driver/program disallowed

So this has been the most annoying kick I've encountered ever, and it has been going on for like a month or so now on a few servers.

I've done my reasearch and found that the latest PB software allowes server admins to put a value of 2 vs 1 to increase PB restrictions against tertiary programs such as the G15 keyboards software (macros).

So after I manually updated PB, I then removed my G15 software drivers because I never use them anyways yet I still get the boot.

So now I'm confused, what other possible program could be considered macros that I have running in the backround?

someone tell me:

jusched
    VolPanel
    DLLML
    rundll32
    avgcc
    ctfmon
    ctxfihlp
    iexplorer
    ctdvddet
    rundll32
    cthelper
    msnmsgr
    notiman
    ctxfispi
    iexplorer
    ~e5.0001
    wmplayer
    BF2
    iexplorer
    taskmgr
    wscntfy
    explorer

As you can tell I have nothing out of the ordinary running here, all these processes I have running have been installed since the last time I formated my computer. Not one of these processes seem at all fishy to me but aparently PB thinks otherwise.

So again, could someone point out to me which one of these programs is apparently a threat to gameplay on bf2?

Re: pb 119502 driver/program disallowed

Yeah, I had that kick too, but just once.
    I have nothing special running, usually Fraps, TS and BF2 plus all the applications that are always running.

I really have no idea what that kick reaason really means...

Comment

This is what it means:

Monday 08.18.2008 [6:00PM]

Version 1.683 of the PB Server for BF2 has been released to our PB Master Servers for auto-update and to our website download page.

Release Notes for PB Server v1.683:

* the setting pb_sv_restrictions will now accept a value of 2 for cases where a server admin wants PunkBuster to be more restrictive with regard to certain macro or hot key type programs; pb_sv_restrictions will continue to default to the value of 1; admins who want to enforce the additional restrictions must configure "pb_sv_restrictions 2" either at the command line or in the pbsvuser.cfg configuration file in the server's pb folder
      And I'm asking what program do I have that threatens bf2 gameplay?

Comment

Hmm... strange.

OK, I think I can customize some of my keys on my keyboard, but I haven't done it.
        I can configurate my 6 mouse buttons, which I did.
        I recently bought a joystick to improve my flying so I assigned the commands to the stick.
        All this works without having a special third party program.
        So I guess it just interferes with some other application by accident.

Comment

So my G15 v2 keyboard, Saitek X52 joystick, and my Razor mouse are useless, on servers where the admins a nub?

Comment

Originally posted by System View Post
            jusched
            VolPanel
            DLLML
            rundll32
            avgcc
            ctfmon
            ctxfihlp
            iexplorer
            ctdvddet
            rundll32
            cthelper
            msnmsgr
            notiman
            ctxfispi
            iexplorer
            ~e5.0001
            wmplayer
            BF2hacks
            iexplorer
            taskmgr
            wscntfy
            explorer
            I see what you did there.

seriously though, sounds like its still picking up a macro program

perhaps open a support ticket with evenbalance?
            "Crunch's First Officer"
            twitter: @signaprime

Comment

I've been kicked twice for my G15. The macros I have are crouch for G12 for my pinky & e-mails.
              If u want to play on these servers exit your keyboard profiler; it worked for me.
              evant3k
              So my G15 v2 keyboard, Saitek X52 joystick, and my Razor mouse are useless, on servers where the admins a nub?
              Yup. Really ticks me off that I payed 100 for my G15 & these clowns have this right.

Comment

Originally posted by M4Assault View Post
                I've been kicked twice for my G15. The macros I have are crouch for G12 for my pinky & e-mails.
                If u want to play on these servers exit your keyboard profiler; it worked for me.

Yup. Really ticks me off that I payed 100 for my G15 & these clowns have this right.
                I would be a little upset as well, if I wasted a $100 on a keyboard to gain an unfair advantage and it didn’t work but then again I am smart enough not to waste the $100 bucks on a keyboard in the first place.

You will get no sympathy from me over this, stop trying to gain an unfair advantage over honest players that don't need or want artificial hardware or software enhancements polluting this game anymore than it already is.

Oh keep in mind that the clowns you are speaking of are also the ones paying for the server, so if you don't like how they are running things you can always find another server to play on....

Comment

Originally posted by signa
                  I see what you did there.

seriously though, sounds like its still picking up a macro program

perhaps open a support ticket with evenbalance?
                  ROFL good one.

Turns out all I needed to do was reboot my system which I didn't do until after I posted and just never bothered to reply that I fixed it lol. However, I come on now and find this topic is still top 5! (is tbf2 really dieing?!?!)

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
                  I would be a little upset as well, if I wasted a $100 on a keyboard to gain an unfair advantage and it didn’t work but then again I am smart enough not to waste the $100 bucks on a keyboard in the first place.

You will get no sympathy from me over this, stop trying to gain an unfair advantage over honest players that don't need or want artificial hardware or software enhancements polluting this game anymore than it already is.

Oh keep in mind that the clowns you are speaking of are also the ones paying for the server, so if you don't like how they are running things you can always find another server to play on....
                  Don't even talk about unfair advantages over macros because someone shelled out the extra $$ for better hardware. Think about every aspect of pc gaming and what you just said.

Hmmm... Lets start with thecpu and then the gpu. After that lets cry about the people who have more ram and gain much faster loading times allowing them to cap the hotel flag before you even spawn? Or how about the people who suffer by using low quality laser mice vs mice like the G5 which comes with handy dandy extra mouse buttons to customize so I can knife you in panic and not have to look for "V" (COD4).

However, I do think macros is lame but I really don't care if someone uses it because it is the least of my worries, especially in BF2. I rather time be spent more on preventing aimbot hacks permently or features to restrict gaymores on flags or remove them all together in IO mode. Or how about a melee only option for shlts and giggles? Better yet add an "overheating" feature to nade spammers!

I'm jealous of my laptop personally because I like to play on my desktop but my laptop never suffers @ the verification page which takes forever sometimes on my desktop!

Comment

Don't even talk about unfair advantages over macros because someone shelled out the extra $$ for better hardware. Think about every aspect of pc gaming and what you just said.

Hmmm... Lets start with thecpu and then the gpu. After that lets cry about the people who have more ram and gain much faster loading times allowing them to cap the hotel flag before you even spawn? Or how about the people who suffer by using low quality laser mice vs mice like the G5 which comes with handy dandy extra mouse buttons to customize so I can knife you in panic and not have to look for "V" (COD4).
                    People choose to play with lag... All the hardware advantages you mentioned there, is only an advantage against people with lag. Which they choose to play against you with. Other than a lack of lag there is no advantage beyond that.

Where people program their key binds, gives no advantage other than it being more comfortable and less work to find the key. Most people use the same key binds for all their games whenever possible. However, Its still one key press, for one action! No matter what key the have bound it too! So having extra keys on your mouse is no real advantage. Its still one key press, for one action!

Having multiple actions on one key press however is definately an advantage. Or using a macro to allow actions and abilities not normally possible is also a huge advantage.
                    I.E. Using a macro to have Hat control on your joystick in BF2, huge advantage while flying.

When hardware or software starts allowing things not normally possible in a game, than thats when it crosses the line. Anyone with any sense of fair play would agree. And only those who could care less about fair play, and only want whatever advantage they can get, would disagree..

Comment

Originally posted by Euro Noob View Post
                      People choose to play with lag... All the hardware advantages you mentioned there, is only an advantage against people with lag. Which they choose to play against you with. Other than a lack of lag there is no advantage beyond that.

Where people program their key binds, gives no advantage other than it being more comfortable and less work to find the key. Most people use the same key binds for all their games whenever possible. However, Its still one key press, for one action! No matter what key the have bound it too! So having extra keys on your mouse is no real advantage. Its still one key press, for one action!

Having multiple actions on one key press however is definately an advantage. Or using a macro to allow actions and abilities not normally possible is also a huge advantage.
                      I.E. Using a macro to have Hat control on your joystick in BF2, huge advantage while flying.

When hardware or software starts allowing things not normally possible in a game, than thats when it crosses the line. Anyone with any sense of fair play would agree. And only those who could care less about fair play, and only want whatever advantage they can get, would disagree..
                      Thank you for posting this, I couldn’t have said it any better myself....

Comment

I have a G15 and don't use any macros. I bought it because that keyboard is known to take a lot of abuse, I love the feel of the keys and I wanted the little LCD screen (which I use all-the-time). So, not all G15 users are 'sploiters...

Comment

Originally posted by SonicPixel View Post
                          I have a G15 and don't use any macros. I bought it because that keyboard is known to take a lot of abuse, I love the feel of the keys and I wanted the little LCD screen (which I use all-the-time). So, not all G15 users are 'sploiters...

No I don't think all G15 users are necessarily spoilers in fact I have several friends who use them as well and I am positive they are not spoilers.

I use a Microsoft SideWinder USB gaming mouse myself and apparently you can program & record macros with it as well, however I have never messed with this feature because to be honest the only reason I bought it was because it looked sharp, not to mention it was on sale for $59.99...

Comment

Working...
                          X