Will You Give EA Another Chance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will You Give EA Another Chance?

With all of the hell gamers have been put through with BF2 and its life cycle, I am wondering how many of you are willing to give EA another chance by purchasing BF3.

Re: Will You Give EA Another Chance?

I doubt it will be a question of giving EA another chance. If a game looks like its good people will check it out not matter who made it. People will just be more critical and wary when trying out the demo, or waiting for reviews from friends. So the only difference will be, next time around some wont buy on trust alone. And if the game has things they dont like, they will be much less likely to buy. For instance, if it isnt FULLY moddable, i doubt the modding community will commit to it as easily. And the niche players wont buy if no mods are being made to satisfy them. Regular vanilla players will only care that its bug free and has good hit detection and has better balancing. So as long as it doesnt have anything glaringly wrong with it the regulars vanilla players will buy.

It will be the fringe players that will be the harder sell.

Comment

The game is old, and people should learn to get over it. BF2 is significantly less buggy than many games out there, and one should learn to accept that. Granted, some of the bugs and imbalances are annoying, people HAVE learned to move past it.

Regardless of what the poll says, people will go and get BF3, if it will ever exist.

Comment

Only because of DICE.

Comment

Originally posted by Vikaman View Post
          The game is old, and people should learn to get over it. BF2 is significantly less buggy than many games out there, and one should learn to accept that. Granted, some of the bugs and imbalances are annoying, people HAVE learned to move past it.

Regardless of what the poll says, people will go and get BF3, if it will ever exist.
          That's pretty much what I'm thinking.
          As for bugs, sure there's some, sure they're annoying. And glitches? I find there to be quite few. I'm not talking hacks or cheat programs. I mean your typical wall glitch. Very few here. If you want to see them full force, go play either of the Battlefronts from Lucas Arts.
          Plus, for the age of this game, I'm still getting 300+ populated servers everyday. When I jump on Battlefront 1, I'm lucky if I get 10 populated servers. That says something about this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Vikaman View Post

Wow.... Vika said something i completely agree with, so i'll give this a QFT!

Yes, despite these silly, childish "boycott" EA petitions, if the game looks good, people will buy it. I know i will!

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
              Wow.... Vika said something i completely agree with, so i'll give this a QFT!

Yes, despite these silly, childish "boycott" EA petitions, if the game looks good, people will buy it. I know i will!

Excactly.
              BF2 is still the best game I've played for a while.
              Sur ethere are gltches and hacks and bugs. but specially glitches... I haven't seen that many glitchers in BF2. Most of them were getting banned pretty soon.
              So EA and DICE made a great game so there's not much of a "second chance" for me to give. They don't need it.

Comment

if they sort out the issues with stats server and stuff, then they will definitely get another chance out of me, BF2 is one of the first decent games i've played, and i loved it from start, sort the server out EA! the only real glitches in the game is lag....

Comment

I hope there is a bf3.. I will most certainly buy it no matter who makes it!

Comment

I know we complain at EA for some of their more useless ideas, but when you look at the games they have brought us, i doubt i would never NOT give EA another chance.

Comment

For a minute, my brain was that |<-->| close to exploding.

Comment

EA can make me mega rage but they do publish some great games, it isn't beyond them to do it right

and if Battlefield 3 is done properly then I am sure I will buy it

Comment

Shows how much the op knows then, the game was made by DICE and published by EA. Ill give them another 'chance' with a pocket full of my cash as i have hard a 99% enjoyable bf gaming experience.

Comment

No "undecided" option?

Comment

No, I will never give EA another chance, but I will give dice a few chances. It's a great company.

Comment

Working...
                              X