Sensitivity, dpi and you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensitivity, dpi and you.

Don't knife me if this is in wrong section and sorry for crappy english, but...

I recently ended up "downgrading" from MX1000 (wireless & laser) to MX518 and i must say Whoah! It's really nice feature to be able to change the dpi on a fly, but this raises few questions.

1. Is there a "general / default" dpi, so that the speed your cursor moves equals to the one listed in game settings?

2. I've setup my dpi's like this: 400, 800 and 1600 and my sensitivity is 0.5 in ingame settings, so how do those dpi values translate to sensitivity (if it works that way at all), 0.5, 1.0 and 2.0, or am i totally wrong?

3. Does the sensitivity setting from windows reflect to ingame anyway?

4. Anything good to know as i've only had this beaty for like 4 hours now

Thanks allready if there is some one who can clear this up for me.

edit:
    Or does the dpi setting override the ingame settings? I'm little unsure how this thing really works.

Re: Sensitivity, dpi and you.

Most people use a higher setting for vehicles and stationary guns (very handy when zoomed in) and a lower setting for infantry.
    I use dpi at slowest and ingame sensitivity at 1.0 with windows setting just over halfway for infantry. I tried changing it once, but had problems with mouse acceleration and the soldier setup screen being too fast.
    Other than that you just need to find the best sensitivity setting for you and map all the useful buttons to the mouse, like G, R, and M if you keep getting lost.

Comment

yes windows sensitivity does reflect in game.

umm i have 400dpi on the mouse but pretty high windows sens

then 1.3 on foot, 9.5 vehicle and 10 aircraft

Comment

I just turn mine up when i'm in the rorshe...

Comment

The faster you are, the better faster sensitivity is for you. You just have to be use to it really, within reason. I'm not saying turn your DPI to 4000 on a Lacheisis and try to play at 10 sensitivity, only thing you're gonna get is 20,000 circles a second.
          Logitech G5
          Rocketfish mouse pad
          800 DPI
          0.8-1.0 (Depending on Resolution for 2142, ect..)

Comment

Working...
          X