Helicopter attack pattern.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helicopter attack pattern.

Does anyone knows a helicopter's attack pattern? like who it attacks first where it moves ect. I need to know because the heli seems to always kill me, when i'm first, last, sniper, LMG, etc. help please.

Re: Helicopter attack pattern.

The helicopter attacks the 'most dangerous' player... so it checks the players it can 'see' (and it sees further then it shoots, it basically has two radius circles) - For most stock maps, the helicopter can probably see almost all of the map... (3000 unit radius from the point of helicopter)

Now all the players it sees, it reads how many kills they have, then checks if they have an RPG (either in inventory or out) and I think it also checks for Grenade Launcher/LMG weapons... (not too sure, don't quote me on that) - so it'd rank say two different players with same kill of 10, and one has RPG, it would rank that player as the most dangerous.

Now the actual 'can fire at' radius - well it has missiles that it will fire, those almost always miss since they don't fire 'downwards' - then it will shoot, if you are in the shooting radius (2500, I think that's default) then it will shoot at you if you are the most dangerous player.

Now the way it 'sees' players - is that if it can see more then say 40% of you (so if you are standing behind a car, it will probably see 70% of you) then it counts you in the ranking for shooting at you...

So if you hide behind a car when the helicopter first comes in, then it starts shooting, you can get up and run around fine for a few seconds before it 'sees' you again... I'm not sure how often it checks for targets, probably every 0.5 seconds, but then you would take into account that it will fire at one target for a few seconds then reload etc.

Comment

in mod maps you have to build your own routes ;o

basically, if the chopper comes, RUN INTO BUILDINGS

hiiiide ftw

Comment

Well the heli follows a specific route, it doesn't just go anywhere on stock maps... but this specific route, it pauses at certain points to hover and shoot players... and most of the hover points in the stock maps are right in the center of the map, right were most of the action is... so it almost always gaurantees some kills.

IW set it up like that because of the Helicopter challenges, would be a bit stupid to have 'must kill X people with Heli challenge' if they set the helicopters to fly around points in the maps that see no action, or had a smaller radius etc.

Comment

If you have a good streak going, it will kill you too

Comment

ok, say you got 3 kills, 7 death, useing MP5, M9, frag X3,stopping power, deep impact no kill streak, kill it still hunt you down first?? cuz that what happen to me. or was it just random??

P.S. is there a age restriction for BFE?

Comment

You have to ask IW about the attack pattern. Because, all we are doing is guessing based on previous knowledge. I hope COD5's attack dogs are not painfully annoying like helicopters in COD4. Even so, i wish you can just disable helis/dogs-- IMO they are just helping to stat pad

Comment

attack dogs???:shock: *faint*

Comment

The attack dogs was apparently a rumor for CoD5...

BFE doesn't have an age restriction... - it's just like 21CW (although 21CW is a little more geared to an old bunch of guys, but I think that's down to it being a 'slower' paced more realistic style of game, where CoD has always had a large number of Teens)

Comment

Originally posted by [BFE]DO|*=DaN=* View Post
                    If the article in Gamepro magazine is correct, then the dogs are more than a rumour... http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/ma...d.php?t=175195

Comment

The COD4 chopper, I believe triangulates the map, where it's attacks in areas that are frequently populated, and also looks for body exposed ratio, where (I think) if more than 1/4 of your body is exposed, it WILL attack, regardless of what is between you and the chopper.

What Dan said is also true, it's treat recognition system is also pretty complex, it tends towards players which pose the biggest treat, but are also within the people who expose a threat due to "skill", i.e. if you are holding C4/detonator and you are in the top 3 of a 15 a-side-map, you are most likely going to die if you are exposed by more than 1/4 and within a certain triangulated area.

So, hiding in the grass with a ghillie suit isn't actually the smartest thing, though you are visibly safe, mathematically/algorithmically, you are pretty exposed.

Comment

on an off-topic note, i know that people say it cant happen, but i swear to god, when i was playing a game when they set the chopper to not shoot mg rounds to basically eliminate the chopper factor, i got killed by the the rocket...

Comment

I got teamkilled by my own chopper once..

Comment

That happens when an enemy was close to you. Which seems to be the case 90% of the time for me

Comment

Originally posted by Keyelite View Post
                              I got teamkilled by my own chopper once..
                              LOL!!:laugh:

Originally posted by [BFE]DO|*=DaN=* View Post

BFE doesn't have an age restriction... - it's just like 21CW (although 21CW is a little more geared to an old bunch of guys, but I think that's down to it being a 'slower' paced more realistic style of game, where CoD has always had a large number of Teens)
                              you made 21CW sound lame...:cry:

Comment

Working...
                              X