So this is it isnt it IW ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So this is it isnt it IW ?

So it s over whit the support for this game isnt it? 3 new maps that s it ?. They could have done so much more whit this game. All this talking from 402 brought nothing. Instead of keeping the game fresh they are already working god knows how many COD games already. Sad Sad Sad :shakehead:

Re: So this is it isnt it IW ?

chechen, I dont know what you ever expect out of ANY game. Your lack of patience and want for free stuff knows no bounds.

A Christmas map.
    3 maps on top of the MANY maps already released.
    Two game types, HC and SC.
    6 game plays.
    7, yes, 7 patches.
    A real single player game, not just playing the game with Bots.
    All kinds of weapons and perks.
    Capability to have mods.
    The ability for just about anyone to have their own ranked server.
    Ranks that dont really mean much, but something for everyone.

I mean, come on. What do you want? Your money back? Just so you know, all the CoD games are going to be like this. So if you plan on getting CoD:WW, you should think again on it.

IW released more content and patches than any other game I have ever owned. Maybe there is a game out there that gives more then this one, but I dont know what it is. The folks that created TF2 are making a lot of changes and additions, maybe thats a game for you Chechen.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by ch3ch3n View Post
      So it s over whit the support for this game isnt it? 3 new maps that s it ?. They could have done so much more whit this game. All this talking from 402 brought nothing. Instead of keeping the game fresh they are already working god knows how many COD games already. Sad Sad Sad :shakehead:
      The definition of support does not mean coming out with new content.

Just so you know, IW needs a paycheck too. If they don't come out with a new game, Activision won't pay them. IW would go out of business because either not enough people would pay for what they do release (Some people aren't buying anything other than a title - just look at the downloadable content that there was, a lot of people didn't buy it.) or because they can't finish a game due to lack of resources (money, employees that may leave due to not getting enough money, etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
        chechen, I dont know what you ever expect out of ANY game. Your lack of patience and want for free stuff knows no bounds.

A Christmas map.
        3 maps on top of the MANY maps already released.
        Two game types, HC and SC.
        6 game plays.
        7, yes, 7 patches.
        A real single player game, not just playing the game with Bots.

IW released more content and patches than any other game I have ever owned. Maybe there is a game out there that gives more then this one, but I dont know what it is. The folks that created TF2 are making a lot of changes and additions, maybe thats a game for you Chechen.

Crunch
        Answered your own statement

Comment

Valve is really good at updating their games... tis true...

But 7 patches and 4 new maps + modder tools for custom maps isn't bad at all

Comment

Originally posted by ch3ch3n View Post
            IW have done a brilliant job with support, but at some point they have to move the staff that were making the patches onto a new project. Constantly making new maps, gameplay and other addons doesn't generate revenue unless you sell them. So, it simply doesn't make sense for them to keep releasing new stuff.

Anyway, when you purchased the game, you were simply buying what was on the disk. No where does it promise new contents or patches, so in fact we were lucky to see them.

You should be more grateful for the brilliant job IW has done.

Comment

Harden the **** up

Comment

I thought you have to pay for the maps?
                But the best developer for free content and constant updates is probably Criterion, the next thing they are doing is adding bikes and night-time for free! :awes

Comment

Originally posted by therealmat View Post
                  I thought you have to pay for the maps?
                  But the best developer for free content and constant updates is probably Criterion, the next thing they are doing is adding bikes and night-time for free! :awes
                  Or NADEO, they've released free expansion packs for all their games and even released 2 full games completely free (TMNF)

Comment

Originally posted by iQu'e
                    Or NADEO, they've released free expansion packs for all their games and even released 2 full games completely free (TMNF)
                    Whilst it might work for Nadeo, i doubt it's a brilliant business model for EA or IW to follow

Comment

Maybe

Although it would be rather sweet to get that sort of content from EA and AV

Comment

A booster pack with new armies, new maps, new vehicles and new weapons for £5. That's the same price as a large Big Mac meal. You can't ask for more.The only reason it didn't take off is because not enough people bought it.

And, EA have added multiple free BF2 maps. Jalalabad, Wake Island, Highway Tampa... not exactly poor maps. Wake is one of the most widely played now. I think we got our fair share from EA in terms of free content. Obviously, some real bug fixing would have been nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Voop_Bacon
                          Answered your own statement
                          Yes I did. I wanted to seriously think about all the games that I own and what developers did to help fix it or give it new stuff and only TF2 came to mind. I didnt want to make my post a flame post, but an actual thought out posting of the issue.

Battlefield also came to mind, but it took YEARS for them to give a number of maps for BF2/2142, whereas IW did a few months after first release. Not to mention all the bugs in the games still and how infamous their patches are for breaking things that worked fine previously. Also, no free expansion packs or many game modes or that many maps to chose frome even after releasing others.

The game isnt even a year old (November 07) and it was really good out of the box and a lot has been fixed/modified/added to it since.

That and look at all the comments people are thinking about what games actually provided more than IW.

Good posts

Crunch
                          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by sturat
                            Harden the **** up
                            word.

Comment

Working...
                            X