Stupid question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid question...

Like the title says this is most probably a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway >.<

Is there a mod or a way that I can place non combat bots on a map?.. Like bots that don't move or anything.. Kinda like a sandbox editor or something.. I know there is a sandbox mod but that doesn't allow for bots to be spawned.

Thanks for any help

Re: Stupid question...

sv_cheats 1
    sv_bot_dont_shoot 1

Oops wrong game!

Comment

Well... there is a possibility that they will make an appearance in the new Sandbox or "Moepbox." Unfortunatley you have to wait for Sir. Sharkey to uninstall Garry's Mod and TF2 before you can get Sandbox, though.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can do it but..... I don't think you'll be able to apply animations. You would have to find a way to swap geom0 and geom1 in the soldier mesh, then spawn it as an object/projectile/whatever. If you don't swap the geoms, all you get is the firt-person mesh (arms).

Hope this helps.

Comment

I found a way to have dead/unmoving bots on accident. I have a laptop with BF2 installed. I leave the laptop at work, and play SP when I have nothing else to do. Well, one time I left in the middle of a round, and left it there all weekend. When I joined the next round all of the bots just stood in their spawn points like morons. So I got in the chopper (I play these SP sessions on expert Dragon, Daqing, and Dalian to practice solo chaingunning) and flew to the enemy main base. Their bots were just standing still, too. I'm not sure why it happens, or if it has to do with Vista or my laptop stats, but nothing short of a reboot will make those bots move from their spawns. I tried exiting BF2 and starting it up again, no dice. I HAD to reboot in order to get them to move.

Comment

Hmm thanks for the help.. I think i'll wait in hope that the new sandbox will have an option for this..

Main reason I wanted to do it was to practice long range shots.. For some reason I can't seem to take down distant targets like this one..

It's a do-able shot but i went through a clip and a half trying to make contact and I didn't even get as much as a hit

I was hoping to be able to set up dummies allover the map and just practice taking them down and getting accustomed to bullet drop ratios.

Comment

400 meters the corsair should 5 millimeters higher then usually.

Comment

Originally posted by evant3k
                400 meters the corsair should 5 millimeters higher then usually.

does that same ratio of 1.25mm's work for every 100m's? so if i was shooting someone at 200m's would I account for 2.5mm's? or does it vary?

Comment

dl the wookie mod and practice on there with other guys?

Comment

This is a tutorial not a show off video, intro is 1 minute long.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW5IV2l_HCE&feature=related[/media]

Comment

WOW that's incredible!.. Whole different dimension to sniping. What do they mean by a pixel? I have never really understood what people mean when they say 1-3 pixels.

Comment

Lol, 1 1024th of your screen.

But what they mean is a tiny, tiny adjustement

Comment

:laugh:

Just looking at your names in the screen shot. Who woulda thunk it that AVA would be in the air. :shakehead:

Comment

Giving measurements for a game in pixels mini maters, is inaccurate. That's because everyone monitors and resolutions differ. I'm using a 24" widescreen monitor and my resolution is 1920 by 1200 needless to say that what I see as 5 millimeters in my screen might be different for someone that ownes a 19" monitor running at 1280x1024. The best way to explain it is by using proportions or using in game tools such as the lines below, on your scope.

Comment

Working...
                            X