Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenWarfare 1.1.0 has been released!

Originally posted by [OpenWarfare]t3chn0r
    About 4 months ago I read a post on the Infinity wards forum (the old forum that actually was pretty ok) about a guy talking how he got this brilliant idea about a new mod when he was driving home from work.
    He wrote about this mod and project and how he would make it open source and so on. Good luck i thought, yet another mod that doesn't' really do anything. At the time I was working with TRM but was already back then struggling running a mod by myself. I kept reading posts from this guy though and how he came up with brilliant solutions to problems being discussed on the board and how he had a svn set up. "He might actually pull this off" I started thinking and visited his forum. It did not take very long after that until we both decided to join forces, let's put TRM inside OpenWarfare. Perfect solution, I got to join a team of skilled developers and they got TRM. Well, I quickly realized that TRM was just a tiny tiny addition to OpenWarfare.
    The options are endless in OpenWarfare and it is growing every day. What makes me particularly proud of OpenWarfare is the fact that as a server admin you can have a new mod and game play every day for weeks by only changing the config files and not requiring the users to have to download anything after the initial mod download. Do you want bunnyhoppers to get a disabled weapon? sure, it is in there or if you think that is to harsh then just change their aim a bit once the start jumping or just let it be. Having a match? Just type in the matchmode and the server will change all settings on the fly, Run and gun, dolphindive, bandage, bleeding, timeouts, drop bombs, sprintspeeds, healthregen, ready up, freeflying, marshals, spawnprotection, nade delays, sprintdelays, gunjams, ranked, powerranked, unranked etc etc. There are tons of options and features in OpenWarfare and we are still hungry to add more. Please visit our forum at openwarfaremod.com and give us your suggestions.
    Welcome to OpenWarfare, the open source mod with endless opportunities!

Please visit our download section to download the files for release 1.1.0.

New features:
    • Ability to control how many additional grenades players using the Frag Grenade or the Special Grenade perks will receive.
    • Option to tweak last stand so the players will need to have a pistol and pistol ammo on their inventory to successfully go into last stand mode.
    • Ability to show current objectives (with their distance) in the mini-compass.
    • Option to show in the scoreboard who is carrying the bomb in Sabotage or S&D.
    • New anti-bunny hopping option where the players' aim will shift instead of disabling their weapons.
    • Option to disable enemies from showing in the compass during Sabotage sudden death.
    • Reworked hurt, pain, and death sounds to be independent from the health regeneration method.
    • Ability to give a team a bonus of 5 points per flag in Domination when all the flags have been secured and hold for certain time.
    • Ability to run Clan vs. All games.
    • Option to disable the players' weapons during the ready up period so they stop goofing around and ready up!
    • Ability to disable the INTEL message during the map load screen.
    • Option to set the players' speed dynamically based on the equipment being carried.
    • Option where players will drop their current weapon when hit on the arms.
    • Option to enable a shift on the player's view when hit.
    • Ability to enable extended obituaries to also display hit location and attacker distance (distance can be displayed in meters, yards, or both).
    • Ability to call timeouts in the middle of the round (can be set that just certain players have this ability when enabled).
    • Option to force players to fall to the ground (or crouch in case prone is blocked) when hit on the legs.
    • New option to handle team killers with different punishments.
    • Ability to control the Sabotage KILL icon to appear after certain time or if the player carrying the bomb doesn't move a minimum distance for certain amount of time.
    • Option to prevent scores from showing until the end of the game.
    • New routine to control players sprinting with an option to setup how long it will take for the player to recover "sprint seconds".
    • Fixed a problem with round based games where the winner of the last round was announced as the overall winner even if that team lost.
    • Ability to disable perks in ranked mode. If a player selects a class using a disabled perk then that perk will be taken away from the player when spawning.
    • Option to disable all chat during the duration of the game.
    • Option to affect players' aim after they stop sprinting.
    • Run & Gun functionality where damage is reduced if the player is not using the weapon sights. Damage reduction is based on distance.
    • Ability to enable bleeding where damaged players can bleed out if they don't take care of their wounds.
    • Option to enable weapon jams where weapons can stop firing at certain point and the player needs to clear the jam to be able to use that weapon again.

Objectives (with distance) showing in the minicompass:

Bomb carrier shown in the scoreboard:

Example of new ready up period in an HQ game showing all the possible objective locations:

Screenshot where the Clan has chosen to play as Axis forcing a non-clan player to pick the Allies team:

Disabling INTEL information during map loads:

A timeout called by the Spetsnaz team:

New bind keys to drop the current weapon and call a timeout in-game:

Regards,
    The OpenWarfare Project Team

PS: For all the people in sync with the SVN repo the subversion revision level for release 1.1.0 is 625.

Re: OpenWarfare 1.1.0 has been released!

that's a lot of new stuff

looks good

Comment

Is this for hardcore leagues or what?

Comment

It's got rulesets for a few leagues - you can add your league to the mod - just get an admin from your league to setup a ruleset on the OpenWarfare forums...

It's for all leagues, OW features TRM inside the mod now, so if you have a league that wants to go as realistic as TRM then you can setup a ruleset to do that, or if you just want the normal hardcore with a few features (like drop bomb, the new mini compass etc.) then you can do that too!

Comment

Working...
        X