im joining PR this week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im joining PR this week!

Hi all, I've finally got a new computer coming on wednesday, and once ive built it all up the first thing im doing is installing my battlefield 2 and downloading Project Reality.

This game looks awesome, its everything i want.

Are there servers that are more than 50% populated all the time? and Does everybody who posts here / on the project reality forums, have one server they stay on? i'd really like to squad with a good bunch of guys who talk using microphones and improvise tactics on PR. :salute:

Re: im joining PR this week!

check yourself for the PR servers http://www.game-monitor.com/search.p...ll=&showEmpty=

and I would wait till next week to download

Comment

Originally posted by Rhino View Post
      check yourself for the PR servers http://www.game-monitor.com/search.p...ll=&showEmpty=

0.8? it looks so awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by K-mitt View Post
        Hi all, I've finally got a new computer coming on wednesday, and once ive built it all up the first thing im doing is installing my battlefield 2 and downloading Project Reality.

This game looks awesome, its everything i want.

Are there servers that are more than 50% populated all the time? and Does everybody who posts here / on the project reality forums, have one server they stay on? i'd really like to squad with a good bunch of guys who talk using microphones and improvise tactics on PR. :salute:
        Ohoi! PM me if you live in EU Do you have xfire?

Originally posted by Rhino View Post
        Did i mention that i love you?

Comment

It is my intention to also give my attention to PR .8. Any western US Project Reality players out there? I need a sponsor ... LOL.

Comment

Do you have a mic and xfire?

Comment

Do you have a mic and xfire?
              I suppose megaphone and smoke signals are out of vogue on modern battlefields. :shock:

/sarcasm

... just kinda not what I was expecting to read. I guess you don't know me and that's probably the first thing you ask everyone...

Yes, I have a mic but I don't chat -- I find that distracting and annoying during play. I use my mic for strats and orders in tournament and practice play, but never in pub games.

I don't always have Xfire running, but I do have an account and it is running quite a lot.

I've been mapping much more than playing lately and I don't run most of these "helper" apps when mapping.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicPixel View Post
                Yes, I have a mic but I don't chat -- I find that distracting and annoying during play. I use my mic for strats and orders in tournament and practice play, but never in pub games.
                u dont use ur mic in pub games ? or have i read it wrong

Comment

Originally posted by SonicPixel View Post
                  I suppose megaphone and smoke signals are out of vogue on modern battlefields. :shock:

/sarcasm

... just kinda not what I was expecting to read. I guess you don't know me and that's probably the first thing you ask everyone...

I don't always have Xfire running, but I do have an account and it is running quite a lot.

I've been mapping much more than playing lately and I don't run most of these "helper" apps when mapping.
                  Im rarely on xfire myself, and im not gonna ask you what you had for dinner while you play. Lol.

Xfire is useful for finding a server and get people you know to join you, but thats pretty much it.

Btw, you dont talk in pub games..?

Comment

ill download xfire tomorow, im so excited thats when all my new pc comes and im gonna build it and instal bf2!

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah View Post
                      Im rarely on xfire myself, and im not gonna ask you what you had for dinner while you play. Lol.

Xfire is useful for finding a server and get people you know to join you, but thats pretty much it.

Btw, you dont talk in pub games..?
                      I could probably write a book about all the insane things folks wanted to talk about while gaming online (if I could remember them all). I got tired of the constant distractions and started to focus on playing the game. So, "chatting" over VOIP is something I just don't do during MP gaming.

Also, I've set up my computer in my living room because I hated being seperated from my family. So, while the kids are watching Disney movies, I'm got my mic disconnected and I'm playing right next to them.

When I'm pubbing, I'm normally in "the zone" and I don't want to hear a bunch of jerks talking trash because they've just encountered the business end of my rifle. "You want to see it again?" lol

Comment

Wtf... PR sucks when people dont use their mics. Its much easier to report enemy movement by talking instead of writing. Also, i dont get this part:

I don't want to hear a bunch of jerks talking trash because they've just encountered the business end of my rifle
                        People on the enemy team cant talk to you...

Comment

Yes, I'm sure that trying to have team work does suck without voice comms.

I haven't been playing much with team work for awhile. I'm been playing AIX which is a mod with focus on Single Player and Coop game play for the last year. Typically, 1-4 humans only on most AIX servers and most often they are doing their own things.

I've been trying to make a connection and join a community of folks who actually get together and game :shock: but I've had no luck. PC gaming seems like it's in a slump.

People on the enemy team cant talk to you...
                          It's called TS or Vent. We're all in the same channel... I think I'm done rationalizing for now. I obviously don't know what I'm doing or I'm somehow doing it wrong. Whatever.

Comment

VOIP is for people that are in your squad.... No TS or VT is needed.

Comment

Thanks for the education... this is going nowhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X