A message to Hardcore Gamers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A message to Hardcore Gamers

You know i am sick of stereotypes, my last essay was a dissertation consisting of 4000 words about Video Game Journalism and Gaming Culture as well as it included a large part of gamers history + culture.

And in this essay i had to prove against stereotypes, the likes of Jack Thompson, Fox News perhaps? (Mass Effect Incident). Neways, i myself am a avid PC gamer, and raging hardcore gamer/tech enthusiast.

This article i read is somewhat true, so take a read if you fancy and share your thoughts .

Re: A message to Hardcore Gamers

I'm lazy I play 40 hours a week, but I'm not overweight and I do exercise. There are other addictions that are more harmful then gaming, how about people start concentrating on those addictions rather then gaming...

Comment

^ thats exactly my point Evant, i just dont like stereotypical people judging gamers like this.

I go to the gym 3x a week. I play TF2 mostly as an online MP for about 2hrs then surf forums and game news, the i leave the PC. i hated when it said the "Majority of gamers" its not the majority imho its SOME gamers that are lazy, adding to that there are other people that are lazy and its NOT the cause of gaming.

Comment

You know, even if there were people here who spend all day on their PC and weigh 20 stone, they ain't going to admit it

Comment

I can say i sit in front of my computer pretty much all day i can say that.Am i a fat **** lazy bastard not at all I just enjoy games very much. I just love to how they make such a big deal about being addicted to WoW cant a guy play a game HE LIKES or ENJOYS without being addicted to it? Lets say you put in the same amount of hours a WoW player did in a week instead though you played CoD or TF2 does that make you addicted to that?

the next level of WoW can wait. And if it can’t, get a life.
          WoW is life!!! Gaming is part of this life he keeps saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
            You know, even if there were people here who spend all day on their PC and weigh 20 stone, they ain't going to admit it
            What is the stone conversion to pounds? 20 isn't really a very big number, but I guess 20 stones are?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimtool655321 View Post
              What is the stone conversion to pounds? 20 isn't really a very big number, but I guess 20 stones are?
              20 stones = 127.005864 kilograms

Comment

Uhhhh...7000 pounds if i did the math halfway correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by [WS] KillerStickMan
                  Uhhhh...7000 pounds if i did the math halfway correctly?
                  You didn't...

279.4 pounds...

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
                    You didn't...

279.4 pounds...
                    i see what you did thar...

1 stone=6.35 kg

not 1 stone=127 kg

Comment

Working...