X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Killed by' scrapbook / photo album needed in main menu

Thread from Steam Forum.

Sounds like such a brilliant idea.

Now i know not everyone takes advantage of the kill-cam zoom shot photo opportunity, it would be nice if we could have a way of accessing your photo library in-game, in a photo album / scrapbook fashion.

I could imagine this sitting in the main menu as a browsable item with the option to send your favourite shots to people on your friends list, an email address or even the person who actually killed you in the photo as a kind of thank you, or even a challenge (think framing it a'la the snaps on the mirror in the 'Meet the Sniper' vid in a "you're next" gesture).

I think it'd be rather amusing and would get people sharing their more memorable moments together as well as building a bit of friendly rivalry!

Branching out further, you could even ask people to vote on your pic and perhaps a 'shot of the week' could be a feature of the TF2 Blog.

There's potential here people!

*Edit: Making it usable during re-spawn times in game would only encourage people to use it more too!*

Additional ideas from Scuzball:

* There are two albums on the main menu: "Everything" and "Favorites"
    * The Everything book has Delete, Favorite, and "Send to Victim/Killer" options.
    * Also include the obvious option not to receive incoming screen shots from others.
    * Every loading screen background could be chosen to be random pick from your Favorites folder!

Additional ideas from djsb:

"I think, in addition to placing the album in the menu, TF2's main menu screen (currently a still image) should turn into an album page with some randomly selected pics set into those "photo corner" inserts. You'd get a new page every time you fired up the game."

Additional ideas from MyifanW:

"I'd like it if you also could see the deathcams of the people you've killed."

Additional ideas from devilsrefugee:

R.e. space issues: "You could always Manual delete? or even delete from within the game album, or yet still maybe a max folder size?"

Re: 'Killed by' scrapbook / photo album needed in main menu

Very good idea

Being a Valve game this'll probably get implemented aswell.

Comment

Its a pain in the bum sorting through all your pictures, especially since its hidden in over 9000 folders.
      It also doesnt help i press F5 a couple of times every round.

Comment

who knows they might include such a feature with steam cloud

personally I never found it difficult to navigate to the screenshots folder

Comment

I still need to bind F5 to take JPEGs (OR PNGs?!).

Does anyone what know the bind is? I shall send you an e-cookie for answers!

Comment

Originally posted by Skaggy
            I still need to bind F5 to take JPEGs (OR PNGs?!).

Does anyone what know the bind is? I shall send you an e-cookie for answers!
            bind "F5" "+jpeg"

Comment

Valve is awesome
              'nuff said.

they'll probably implement something like this or something cooler in the near future, I hope!

Comment

Working...
              X