New Punkbuster prob.... Unknown Windows API blah blah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Punkbuster prob.... Unknown Windows API blah blah

As of today at 2-3 PM mountain time, I can no longer join any server for longer than 3 minutes before I see the following:
    "Unknown Windows API Function 131152"

I guess PB updated today, cause on PB Bans there are lots of new scrubs being banned every minute or so. Great!.... except now I can't play either.

I have a mac laptop (yeah, I don't wanna hear it) that has never had any problems with the game other than the usual glitches.

I have never had the slightest problem with PB before today.

I use no hacks or mods.

Ferchrissake, I've never even been banned from a server, except once for repeatedly killing W8liftin, for which I am proud.

There's another thread on EA forums (gah!) regarding this problem, and another mac user with the same symptoms.

Already tried a reinstall. I've got no software running in the background, at least nothing major that has ever caused a problem before.

Help.... need my titan fix!

Re: New Punkbuster prob.... Unknown Windows API blah blah

the windows error your getting could be because of the pb update. I have a feeling alot of those bans will be lifted, pb will correct itself and your error will go away.

Comment

Re: New Punkbuster prob.... Unknown Windows API blah blah

Well I'll be hornswoggled.

As of this AM central time, I'm back in action! At least, a quick test round on the GUN Suez server resulted in no PB kicks or messages, plus a shiny gold medal (Goldilocks FTW! probably cause on one really good was on at the time).

I am frankly amazed that evenbalance / PB got this fixed in a single day. Someone is on the ball anyway... kudos! kudos!

SilentScope296, bonus points to you for being dead right.

Comment

Working...
      X