Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we be required to have the disc in the drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we be required to have the disc in the drive?

I'm so sick of this game requiring the DVD disc to be in the drive. not only does it always hang my computer whenever i try to file browse, it is noisy, and ultimately redundant. we already verify ownership with the CD-KEY, why is it necessary to have to stupid disc in the drive? take example from the other games that don't require the disc for multiplayer and please don't do this again for BF3.

Re: Should we be required to have the disc in the drive?

Originally posted by Minmaster
    I'm so sick of this game requiring the DVD disc to be in the drive. not only does it always hang my computer whenever i try to file browse, it is noisy, and ultimately redundant. we already verify ownership with the CD-KEY, why is it necessary to have to stupid disc in the drive? take example from the other games that don't require the disc for multiplayer and please don't do this again for BF3.
    :thumbsup:
    I used a crack a while back. It worked, but I can understand people that don't want to take the risk.

Comment

Mini Images. Legal, work fine:

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

Comment

hmm i was under the impression that it doesn't work with 1.50 patch, does it work?

Comment

Images always work, it's CD cracks that don't.

I make full sized back ups of all my games on my hard drives and use those instead of mini versions. If you have the space, do that and then you have a full back should you ever lose your DVD's.

Comment

What do you use to image your CDs?

Comment

Alcohol 120% to rip them, Daemon Tools Lite to run them.

I could use Alcohol to run them, but i just got used to using Daemon Tools.

Comment

I just leave my disc in the drive all the time. I have 2 disc drives and one of them is really quiet (the other one is so loud; I won't buy another LiteOn!) Other than Battlefield, most of my games are imaged. I have more virtual drives than real drives.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
                  Images always work, it's CD cracks that don't.
                  Meeep. They work. Maybe you tried the wrong one? :laugh:

Comment

They don't work all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
                      They don't work all the time.
                      That sounds more like it. :thumbsup:

Comment

Plus, it's easy to get banned if they get detected since they change the .exe code.

A lot of people were banned from BF2 for using them. I guess you struck lucky.

Comment

I don't think we should have to have the dvd in the drive after all, we need a serial to play the game, why a cd/dvd too?

Comment

uhm yea that was my point.

Comment

lol to stop game sharing silly ea would much rather you all bought the game than 1 of you buy it and all share it

Comment

Working...
                              X