Newcomers questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newcomers questions

Hey, I'm planning on buying BF 2142 for my new pc as it didn't work on my old one :/.

But I have some questions:

1.: Still worth buying? Active servers, enough people?
    2.: If I buy 2142, I'll go for the deluxe edition but I heard that Northern Strike needs to be downloaded from EA?
    3.: Can you have more then 1 soldier?
    4.: If you can have more then 1 soldier, do they all have the same name?

Thank You :salute:

Re: Newcomers questions

1. Yes, and yes.
    2.Yes it does.
    3.Yes, you can have up to 4 active soldiers
    4.No, they all have to have their own name.

Comment

Originally posted by Skates
      1. Yes, and yes.
      2.Yes it does.
      3.Yes, you can have up to 4 active soldiers
      4.No, they all have to have their own name.
      Errr, no it doesn't. If you have the Deluxe Edition NS comes pre installed. . .

Comment

Oh, I thought I remembered reading that the deluxe edition came with a key for NS but you still had to download it. Oh, well.

Comment

Originally posted by Skates View Post
          Oh, I thought I remembered reading that the deluxe edition came with a key for NS but you still had to download it. Oh, well.
          I read that too, but if it's already installed =D Great, then I only need the patches =D

Thank you Skates & Fingulfin =D And I hope to see you soon in-game :salute:

edit:

Last Question: I just read one some other forums that the Deluxe Edition has many problems, e.g.: Not be able to play NS. Not being able to play it all and other problems with wrong installs and such. Are all the problems solved with patches ? Or is the disc from the pack de-bugged?

Comment

either way you can have problems. i bought BF2142 off EA downloader on release. you have to install and patch it in the proper order, or you will have issues. So for me, i have to have 2142 patched to somewhere around 1.3 before i can even install NS, then repatch with the most current patch. Not sure how it would work for you and the "deluxe edition" if it is already part of the installation. But good luck, its a fun game, still playing 2142, and BF2 since release on both, still fun as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Skates View Post
              you just have to activate NS,(for whatever reason), but it comes w/ the deluxe version.

Comment

Working...
              X