omg omg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• omg omg

yep i got it uhh yesterday i got kind of teary eyed when i saw my hardware and pulling out all of my special presents from the ups person out of the peanuts snow from inside the big box it was emotional. i was up all night i couldnt sleep and it was confusing and annoying and my apartment is filled with trash now but it works and its inside a BEUTIFUL antec 900 case with BLUE leds all over the place omg the only odd thing is that the power to turn on the computer is inside on the motherboard but ill figure that out later.

lol i took the ram out of my other computer caus it was the same speed and model so i have 6GB of ram LOL but i didnt get the 4870 card yet so i have the 7900GS in there for now

lol i need to go to work soon i have work at 6:00AM i am going to swing shift next week so that is good

i went on single player caus i cant go online quite yet there is a definite smoothness to the game that wasnt there before very very noticable it is nice no stuttering or choppy lines on walls looks more like an arcade game.

i think i need to dowload and install all of the patches i dont know how much i can do before i need to go to work but i also need to update punkbuster but i do the renderer.drawfps 1 and low and behold the framerate is locked at 99fps lol i am going to fix this pretty quick

i am in one of those unusual moods that easily keep you awake you can probably understand...:thumbsup:

Re: omg omg

Originally posted by Field
    the only odd thing is that the power to turn on the computer is inside on the motherboard but ill figure that out later.
    there should be a power button on the top of the case about 6" from the front on the right. what mobo did you get that has a power button on the board itself???? and congrats man. i'm sure you'll be taking your pwnage to a whole new level. i just can't wait to get my butt kicked:|:

Comment

Can't wait till you get it set up, I remember what it was like when I upgraded from the junk PC and video card I had to the one I had now. I was actually able to shoot straight, and kill more than 3 people without lagging, or my FPS going below 25.

Comment

oh yeah this is a definite advantage boost this big blak thing with blu leds is. this is meh bey bey now.

ive played for hours today but its still hard to beleive that i can step onto any server and get well over 100fps no matter what. ownage boosts pretty much in every category you can be clutch and 2 shot baur snipe and you can spin 90 real fast and herzog someone and kill them in 1 shot sometimes ohh the herzog is much more fun now i can play to the max on a loaded server i can run onto a titan and get in firefights and dominate because im not hindered by bad framerate

one thing i do definitely notice is that it is easier to win close range fights and do things like defib kill and spray people to death from really close while you are both moving it is very very nice it is very liberating the effect of this superior harware especially on larger servers. wow money very well spent

Comment

100fps on your 7900

Sounds to me like someone is still running on low. The 7900GS is a good card for BF2142 - I used to max it at 1680x1050 and still get 40fps. 100fps sounds like someone who hasn't turned his shadows on lol

Comment

oh no i plugged that radeon card in that is one phat huge beutiful sukka oh it takes up 2 back slots and uses (((2)) PCI power plugs

yeah that card is a beast wow it almost doesnt matter what i set the graphics at i dont seem to notice a performance difference one of those HD 4870s probably almost PREfer that you have your settings on high

i think i turned up my resolution and have some settings on medium but i never cared about the game looking pretty and i dont think i ever will but i sure as hell can have other games look nice oh yes

Comment

field are you american or german:P? you seem german to me but your stats says american.

you play on american servers then:P?

Comment

im american, how do i seem german?

i think ive played on 1 euro server and that was to see RedHammerz

Comment

Originally posted by Field View Post
                  im american, how do i seem german?
                  probably cuz some of your "over the top" tirades are like that famous german kid

Comment

haha i dont know i just thought you were:P

ive played a lot with redhammerz on clanmod, not exactly easy.

Comment

Why do you bother playing with anything lower than 60FPS at the very least. I mean... I had to when I had the bad PC which had a nVidia 5500. But if you can run 100 with semi-low to low do it. There's no point in not being able to kill people or die because the game looks pretty.

Comment

What's wrong with 40 fps lol? It's perfectly fine, and BF2142 isn't one of those games where stuff happens so fast you need 100 fps just to see what's happening, heck I can play at 25 fps if I wanted to (7300LE ftl).

Comment

yea but its nice when your playing 48 man camp g arty hitting you, 20 guys around you and your still at 60+ fps.

Enjoy your new toy Field

Comment

Originally posted by ZinZ View Post
                            Why do you bother playing with anything lower than 60FPS at the very least. I mean... I had to when I had the bad PC which had a nVidia 5500. But if you can run 100 with semi-low to low do it. There's no point in not being able to kill people or die because the game looks pretty.
                            i checked and on like 32 man campG servers i can get around 150-200 fps initally it was just wierd looking how smooth it was it almost threw me off a bit. but since whenever you start the game it caps your frames at 100 i dont bother uncapping it because 100 is awsome you dont even need more than 60fps really.

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
                            What's wrong with 40 fps lol? It's perfectly fine, and BF2142 isn't one of those games where stuff happens so fast you need 100 fps just to see what's happening, heck I can play at 25 fps if I wanted to (7300LE ftl).
                            eh 25fps is not that great especially if its inconsistent which it IS usually inconsistent fps jumping up and down. i know exactly how it was because we HAD similar processors

Originally posted by Basil. View Post
                            yea but its nice when your playing 48 man camp g arty hitting you, 20 guys around you and your still at 60+ fps.

Enjoy your new toy Field
                            oh im lovin it i played a few rounds on 64 player northern strike port bavaria and 3 apcs filled with guys we all drive up to the launch area and we all fly up and im coming down into the hangar with like 10 other pods and its perfectly smooth. just awsome.

this things got some pretty loud fans though compared to my last rig this ones got 3 120mm fans, 1 big 200mm fan on the top and a cpu cooler fan thats spinning around 2400rpm most of the time and then i got the radeon card spinning at 35% cheaper than water cooling though

Comment

The case fans have little switches on them to reduce fan speed (and noise), I have all mine on low, and it's still plenty cool enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X