Windows Key and Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Key and Vista

Okay, I did a search and came up with nothing.

My problem is that BF2 allows me to assign the windows key to a command. I use it for sprint. I did it on my XP machine without a problem.

However, now that I have switched to vista, I can use it to sprint, but only for a short time and then the vista login screen comes up and I have to enter my password.

Obviously this is bad because usually I hold down my sprint for too long when trying to get away from someone. . . I don't think I have gotten back into the game alive yet.

Any suggestions? Everything I find in my searches is about turn the functionality of the key off altogether, and I don't want that as I use the key. . .

Thanks

Re: Windows Key and Vista

I use the windows key for sprint, I don't have this problem, but then I don't login to vista as I am the only user and have UAC disabled.
    I don't recommend using the windows key tho, as if you play cs:s, dod:s, tf2 etc it will take you out the game, and you can't help but press it while moving after playing bf2/2142. :shakehead:
    I used a program called keytweak to remap the key, don't know if it works with vista.

Comment

Re: Windows Key and Vista

Originally posted by Natt
      I use the windows key for sprint, I don't have this problem, but then I don't login to vista as I am the only user and have UAC disabled.
      I don't recommend using the windows key tho, as if you play cs:s, dod:s, tf2 etc it will take you out the game, and you can't help but press it while moving after playing bf2/2142. :shakehead:
      I used a program called keytweak to remap the key, don't know if it works with vista.
      Cool, thanks, I can try these things.

The reason I like to use it is because it gives me three keys under my thumb. I know it can screw me in other games, but I adjust fairly easily.

Comment

Working...
      X