Air vehicles and being a smacktard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air vehicles and being a smacktard.

Since I started using the jets more I have noticed this very strange behaviour from other players.

This behaviour is a kinda of jealous idiocy at the fact that you're in the jet / chopper and they aren't. Suddenly it seems okay to start shooting, throwing grenades, getting in your way and just generally being a complete muppet.

The goal isn't always to TK you, it's just to cause damage to either your vehicle or you. For example I was flying the F35B took a missile hit so came round and brought it back to the carrier to repair the damage. I touched down then thrust the aircraft forward towards the repair box. As it rolled forward this guy came running directly towards me. He wanted me to TK him. I managed to get it in to hover and missed him, so he decided to start shooting the aircraft whilst I hovered their repairing the damage.

WHY?

Did he think I should have given him the jet? Did he want to punish me for being in the jet? Is he just a mental case? Instead of shooting me why wasn't he making progress towards shooting the enemy?

I really don't get these people.

Re: Air vehicles and being a smacktard.

Welcome to BF2 pubbing with air vehicles man

Same story every server, round after round.

Just last night my new clan and I were pubbing and I wanted to prove to them my airwhoring skills in a pub...

LOL I should have known better :/

Comment

I sometimes like to throw C4 on the windshield of the chopper as the pilot sits in the **** pit lol. I don't blow it up but i can almost hear the players thoughts through his character "Don't do it." haha

Comment

I sometimes like to throw C4 on the windshield of the chopper as the pilot sits in the **** pit lol. I don't blow it up but i can almost hear the players thoughts through his character "Don't do it." haha
        Oh good we actually have one of them in these forums. So why? Why do you do it? What do you get out of it?

Comment

I can be a d|ck to people sometimes. (No sh*t, right?)

Latest example:

"Nub A" takes the first J10 to spawn on Dalian. I wait my turn for the second to spawn...

"Nub A" rams into someone and dies, respawns and tries to "compete" with me to get the second one as well.

Unluckily for me, he gets it. At this point, I purposefully make him TK me out of spite.

Have the f*cking consideration to wait your turn. Or, if you're bad in a jet/heli, let someone else get a shot because he may do more good than you.

Comment

The problem is, unless the server states it in the rules, there's no obligation for him to let you have it, even if he is a smacktard. You lose the jet and 3 points, look like a d1ck, and you have a smacktard flying. Should've just M95'd him and at least put the jet to good use. :|:

Or, if you're bad in a jet/heli, let someone else get a shot because he may do more good than you.
            Like a smacktard is going to care? Reasonable players might, but the majority will just take off at the first chance.

Comment

There are many retards in online gaming. Accept it

Comment

Originally posted by The Laughing Man
                Oh good we actually have one of them in these forums. So why? Why do you do it? What do you get out of it?
                Cause i get a kick out of it. :thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by Indecisi0n View Post
                  Cause i get a kick out of it. :thumbsup:
                  This is why we have stat padding and knife only servers. If you ruin their fun, you won't make anyone worth 2 cents mad.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
                    The problem is, unless the server states it in the rules, there's no obligation for him to let you have it, even if he is a smacktard. You lose the jet and 3 points, look like a d1ck, and you have a smacktard flying. Should've just M95'd him and at least put the jet to good use. :|:
                    You're right. I should get back into the habit of ejecting nubs from air vehicles when they show their inability to use them properly...

[Begins cleaning the M95 and reloading ammo for it]

Comment

At least you'll be a d1ck for your team. :salute:

Comment

Cause i get a kick out of it
                        You haven't gotten the air vehicle, you've wasted one of your C4 rounds and you've more than likely p*ssed off your fellow team mate ruining any chance that they treat you with any consideration in the future.

Wouldn't you get a bigger kick out of using that C4 to blow up an enemy resource?

Comment

Originally posted by The Laughing Man View Post
                          You haven't gotten the air vehicle, you've wasted one of your C4 rounds and you've more than likely p*ssed off your fellow team mate ruining any chance that they treat you with any consideration in the future.

Wouldn't you get a bigger kick out of using that C4 to blow up an enemy resource?
                          Theres no argueing with tools fella, thats why i stay as far away from air vehical as possible .

Comment

Theres no argueing with tools fella, thats why i stay as far away from air vehical as possible .
                            I am not really arguing with him it's just 'I get a kick out of it' is really the kind of retarded response I would expect from someone who does this sort of thing. What I want is a better understanding of why they do it. If 'I get a kick out of it' is as complex as the reasons get then from an evolutionary level the human race is doomed.

Comment

Originally posted by The Laughing Man View Post
                              If 'I get a kick out of it' is as complex as the reasons get then from an evolutionary level the human race is doomed.
                              It always was. Our wisdom will never be in line with our technological progress: it's like a baby getting access to increasingly dangerous toys, without any kind of supervision... eventually, that baby will kill itself.

That's what happens when most of your populace is made up of borderline retarded people and only an extremely small minority come up with the amenities that make life pleasant to live. Unfortunately, it's a double-edged sword.

It probably won't occur in our lifetime, but if I had to guess, my money would be on something happening within the next 100 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X