Installing now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing now...

Just went out and bought 2142... just for a change of pace. It was only 20 bucks (Deluxe edition!) so I figured, why not?

Annnyway, any advice on initial unlocks and small advice would be helpful. Thanks.

Re: Installing now...

Unlock the grenades and two sprints before unlocking any of the kit upgrades, especially if you're a citymap player. Then get assault upgrades if you go citymaps or engineer if you go vehicle maps. Recon if you're a Titan mode player.

~Wolfgang

Comment

Hm, okay. I am more of an infantry guy...

Also, any good servers that use voice you guys know or frequent?

Comment

If you like infantry try the NfB servers. Good guys, fair admins, lots of VoIP and teamwork. Just be prepared for a whoopin' when you first arrive...lots of skilled players there.

~Wolfgang

Comment

You could unlock the defibrilator. That, combined with the medic hub, can help you rack up points quickly and raise in rank, provided that you like to play as Assault, that is.

Comment

All gameplay aside at the moment... I need to get the damn game to start first.

I installed 1.50 and now whenever I try to load up the game, my screen turns black... and nothing happens. No... its not loading, no CPU usuage. Not to mention I let it sit here for ten minutes...

Comment

On what OS are you running it?

Comment

I'm running Windos XP, Home edition. Computer specs down below...

EDIT: Ugh, it won't even boot off the CD anymore... wtf?

Comment

Unfortunately, I cannot tell. I downloaded the 1.5 full install for future use, but installed it over 1.40, and everything is ok for me. Sorry. You might want to start by updating Punkbuster by using pbsetup, even if I seriously doubt it'd be that. However, you still need that to be up to date, so it cannot hurt.

EDIT: Had you previously tried to start the game, prior to patching it, to check if at least, that worked?

Comment

Yes, it did... and then a pop up asked me to update, sooo I did. I think I'll just re-install and try again.

Its strange though, when I try to start the game it brings up the "reading from disk drive" icon, but I know the disk drive isn't even running because I don't even hear it...

Comment

I wouldn't want to discourage you, but as far as I'm concerned, BF2 and BF2142 have mostly been painful to patch for me, compared to several other games I own. Meh! Even previous Battlefield titles patched without problems... :cry:

Comment

Well... it seems this spurred a harddrive failure, and now I'm freaking screwed. It was acting up last night so I shut it off, and was going to back up my more recent files this afternoon but I couldn't even boot up, and apparently my harddrive is corrupt.

So how do I check my stats?

Comment

Add your soldier to http://www.2142-stats.com

Comment

Now... do they track 1.0? Because thats all I could play last night.

Comment

If there are still 1.0 ranked servers, maybe? I never tried. But you can check it out yourself.

Comment

Working...
                              X