Latency not showing correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latency not showing correctly

Recently i noticed a large jump in server pings. I checked all my connection and my network was fine. For a few days i only could make sure i server had low ping by joining through my friends list. Then today i noticed this.

As you can see in red this is the same server. However the blue boxes show 2 pings and i find that the one on the game info window is the correct ping. Anyone else ever have this problem and if so, how would i go about fixing this?

Re: Latency not showing correctly

Hmm it's possible your Network card/Modem/Router/ISP or something along the line doesn't like it when you send out lots of pings so it spaces them out. So when you try and ping lots of server at the same time it might be spacing them out by 200ms or whatever because it either doesn't like doing it all at the same time or it can't handle doing them all at the same time.

I could be completely wrong though and I don't really know what you can do to fix it. So I guess I wasn't much help. :yay:

Do you remember installing something new like a firewall update or network card/modem, anything that might have to do with your internet connection recently?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadDecoy View Post
      Hmm it's possible your Network card/Modem/Router/ISP or something along the line doesn't like it when you send out lots of pings so it spaces them out. So when you try and ping lots of server at the same time it might be spacing them out by 200ms or whatever because it either doesn't like doing it all at the same time or it can't handle doing them all at the same time.

I could be completely wrong though and I don't really know what you can do to fix it. So I guess I wasn't much help. :yay:

Do you remember installing something new like a firewall update or network card/modem, anything that might have to do with your internet connection recently?
      No, although it did start happening after an update, just no sure which one

Comment

Try to turn off ALL background programs that might use an internet connection and try playing the game again. It could be one of those that screw up pings and stuff...

If that wouldn't work, turn off all firewalls that might be running (including the windows default) and try again.

If you're using a router, try putting the internet cable directly into the computer and try playing the game again. It could be the router that is having a heart attack.

I don't even know if all of these could be valid solutions but it's worth a try. Good luck

Comment

Big Reply:

It's a bug.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
            Big Reply:

It's a bug.
            Yup. It does it to me all the time. Same thing with BF2142 and CoD4.

Comment

Originally posted by iQu'e View Post
              Try to turn off ALL background programs that might use an internet connection and try playing the game again. It could be one of those that screw up pings and stuff...
              Tried, failed

If that wouldn't work, turn off all firewalls that might be running (including the windows default) and try again.
              Already off

If you're using a router, try putting the internet cable directly into the computer and try playing the game again. It could be the router that is having a heart attack.
              Already is

I don't even know if all of these could be valid solutions but it's worth a try. Good luck
              Thanks anyway

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
              Big Reply:

It's a bug.
              I guess. Ill just deal with it and hope it gets fixed.

Comment

Working...
              X