How to direct Connet to IP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to direct Connet to IP?

you are in ONLINE, which means Internet...

I'm in LOCAL since it's a LAN game...

I can connect to internet servers in this laptop, but I can't in LAN... that's my problem... :shakehead:

Originally posted by Natt
    There must be something wrong with your game.
    qtracker will work? since even XFire works... :dead:

Originally posted by signa View Post
    1. use qtracker internet/lan browser.
    2. profit!
    3. ?!?
    Music @ www.hajas.org | Games @ www.mods.hajas.org | Blood @ www.BloodCulture.com.br

Comment

hmm ive played 2142 over a lan before no problem ... the game was there on the local games list i have no idea why it isn't there for you ... you will come to realise 2142 is queer as hell :P

Comment

wait so basicly you mean a friend made a lan server and it doesnt show up in the lan server list? yeah i have those problems alot with my mod lol

Comment

the game works in LAN very well over here too, to the boring stock game and to my mod too, that's not the problem...

I have 4 machines in a switch via cable, and a wireless router plugged in this switch too, which connect with the laptop over the house...

I can access the files from any machine, I can access internet without problems which the server is in one of these 4 machines, and I can play any game, but only via direct IP or name (\\name) of the machine, but if I click in network doesn't appears the others machines to connect... the same goes to games, I can't only BROWSE, but I can connect everything...

maybe I need to make another thing to browse the entire LAN aside just the Wireless part of it, aside I can access everything, even the printer...

I'll look into this since this game have so much problems to do so simple things....
          Music @ www.hajas.org | Games @ www.mods.hajas.org | Blood @ www.BloodCulture.com.br

Comment

You can add +joinserver to the shortcut target, no idea if that would work for LAN. It would look something like this:
            Code:
            "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\BF2142.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +restart 1 +eaAccountName ACCOUNTNAME +eaAccountPassword ACCOUNTPASSWORD +soldierName SOLDIERNAME +joinServer IP +port PORT

Comment

good! this might work... I'll try when I get back at home.

thanks!

Comment

You may need to be connected to the internet to get past the login screen.
                And you can check the servers ip and port by holding tab right clicking and click on server.

Comment

Have you tryed typing in the IP in the ONLINE connect to ip thing?

Comment

my solution was use Hamachi, now appears fine on the server list and I can play... all other things didn't worked...

thanks for all the help anyway! :P

Comment

Hey Hajas,

I'm having trouble using Hamachi with Battlefield 2142. Could you help me out step by step?

Kind Regards,
                      Izayus

Comment

Working...
                      X