Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to direct Connet to IP?

Hello,

what I need to do to connect in server which I know the IP?

via XFire doesn't works, ask me my password again and I'm back to the main screen.

tryed to add the server to the favorites list, but doesn't shows ANY of them.

is there a console? a command to connect? any way to direct connect?

my problem is that my laptop is on the wireless LAN in my home, but he can't access my cable LAN by broadcasting, but if I give the IP I can connect in everygame, share files, etc... but I simply can't find how to do it in BF2142.

thanks!
    Music @ www.hajas.org | Games @ www.mods.hajas.org | Blood @ www.BloodCulture.com.br

Re: How to direct Connet to IP?

advanced tab, at the bottom it says "connect to ip"

viola

Comment

hmmm... where's the advanced tab?
      Music @ www.hajas.org | Games @ www.mods.hajas.org | Blood @ www.BloodCulture.com.br

Comment

ingame , click mutiplayer in the top right, at the top it will say i think quick , advanced and history advanced is the middle one of the 3

Comment

hmmm... over here the Multiplayer is on the top LEFT, after I click theres on the top JOIN and CREATE...

in JOIN theres 2 buttons below, UPDATE LIST and JOIN SERVER...

no signal of advanced or history advanced...

is there no console command to do this easier like almost games?

thanks again

Comment

you probably clicked local?

Comment

yes, I want to connect to a local game, it's my LAN... the server is 192.168.0.1 to be precise...

Comment

you might need hamachi

then you can join friends by just logging into bf2142 go to multiplay select advanced and connect through ip there.

Comment

To play a local game:
                  Login to game
                  Click Multiplayer, Local, Create
                  Choose your maps and settings
                  Click start server
                  The other pc's click multiplayer, local, join and your server should be there if the map has loaded.
                  You may have to disable your firewalls.

Comment

Originally posted by Dtneter
                    you might need hamachi

then you can join friends by just logging into bf2142 go to multiplay select advanced and connect through ip there.
                    I know hamachi, which is to emulate a LAN over internet... it's not what I am trying to do... but thanks anyway. :thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by Natt View Post
                      To play a local game:
                      Login to game
                      Click Multiplayer, Local, Create
                      Choose your maps and settings
                      Click start server
                      The other pc's click multiplayer, local, join and your server should be there if the map has loaded.
                      You may have to disable your firewalls.
                      yes, that's how we play over here in LAN, but in the LapTop I don't know why I can't browse the LAN... but I CAN connect to any machine or games without problems, there's no firewall blocking this...

maybe is because the laptop is Vista and the others are XP, or because it's wireless... I dunno... :dead:

I can play ANY game in my LAN from the LapTop, the only problem is with BF2142 because I can't connect direct to an IP...

Comment

Go into multiplayer - advanced and underneath the server list there is a connect to ip button.
                        If you can't connect to 192.168.0.1, open a command prompt box on the computer you are using as the server and type ipconfig, press enter.
                        The gateway is usually 192.168.0.1 - you may need to connect directly to the computers ip which usually has a different number on the end.

Comment

1. there's no Multiplayer/Advanced or connect to ip button... sorry
                          2. the IP from the server is really 192.168.0.1
                          3. the LAN is really fine, I can't only browse the LAN, I think is a Vista X XP issue.
                          4. I can play ANY game over LAN with this laptop, is just connect direct via IP

in COD4 is just open the console and write connect 192.168.0.1 then hit enter and start to play... there's really no way to do that in BF2142? that's really weird...

Comment

There must be something wrong with your game.

Comment

1. use qtracker internet/lan browser.
                              2. profit!
                              3. ?!?
                              "Crunch's First Officer"
                              twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Working...
                              X