2142 & Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2142 & Vista

K I got Windows Vista Home Premium and when I pleh Multiplayer, I can only play for 15 minutes and then my game crashes! How can i fix this problem?

Re: 2142 & Vista

Been playing since last year with Vista without any problems. It doesn't necessarily have to be Vista's fault.

Could it be the radial bug, or was it fixed in 1.50?

Comment

dude teh radial bug wouldnt make his game crash

Comment

Originally posted by Iquere « View Post
        Been playing since last year with Vista without any problems. It doesn't necessarily have to be Vista's fault.

Could it be the radial bug, or was it fixed in 1.50?
        Actually, it is, but this bug is fixed. This is a problem of early WDDM (Windows Vista Display Driver Model) bug. Windows Vista manages display memory instead of letting display drivers do it. Before the bug was fixed, Vista will assign more and more RAM for graphics, and eventually blow up and crash.

I can't recall the exact fix for this one, but I posted it in earlier reply. Do a search in the forum to find it. The other method is to update the windows by letting it on for the whole night.

Comment

Does it crash to desktop or just back to the server screen?
          Try this: http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/ma...ad.php?t=23367

Comment

Ya, it crashes me to my desktop. Plus I have BF2142 1.50

And that site! hmmm.... didn't work well for me. Thanks anyway!

Also look at my aviator. You see that? ITS BF2142 DELUXE EDITION! (I got 2142 DE just to let you know)

Comment

i blame vista, i use it, it sucks

Comment

Works fine for me. Try downloading the latest version of DirectX 9 from the Microsoft website and upgrading all your drivers.

Comment

Any errors upon crashing?

Comment

only in multiplayer or in single player aswell?

update pb perhaps...

Comment

BF2142 runs perfectly fine on Windows Vista if everything is up to date and installed properly. Run the game in Windowed mode and post any errors you receive.

Also complete all of your Windows Updates and post a DXDIAG.

Comment

make sure you have this update for vista

Describes a package of software updates that address common application compatibility issues in Windows Vista. This update improves support in Windows Vista for the applications that are listed in this article.

Comment

How about you post your system specs.

Comment

Okay I will turn that on. But its only that I have Home Premium is that the problem? I heard 2142 can work way better on Ultimate!?:|:
                            And I ran it in window it works better but I can't see it well.
                            And I will try the update.

Comment

I don't have any problems running it on vista. If you guys would think logically about this, you wouldn't automatically blame Vista. Its a cause/effect fallacy.

If I had really bad weather at my house right after I installed vista, I wouldn't blame it. Or what if I broke my leg after I listen to The Beatles? Just because it happened after you installed vista doesn't mean vista caused it.

Everyone blames vista because its the cool thing to do, not because they're skilled programmers.

ANYWAY, when was the last time you updated your video card's drivers? That would be my first guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X