Vimeo issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vimeo issue

So i just finished a video and i was going to upload it to vimeo when i came across this... http://www.vimeo.com/blog:140

Seems as though we wont be seeing anymore BF videos on Vimeo which is a damn shame since the quality is so much better than youtube. Any thoughts?

Re: Vimeo issue

They will also delete all game videos after September 1st.

Comment

will this be Divx all over again?

Comment

ok but is it just a thing where they are deleting old videos in certain categories or is it that they WILL NOT allow certain types after the said date?

and also its not like anyone will be watching your video after september 1st if you upload it today thats like more than a month from now

Comment

Well does anyone know of another video hosting site that has good quality, because youtube is pretty bad?

Comment

Wipido.com

Comment

guys youtube really isn't bad!

once you click the high quality option it's actually great quality

vimeo has made a huge mistake here, they will be losing a huge part of the community.

i forsee literally hundreds perhaps thousands of people who will no longer be using their site

BOOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Originally posted by Chris--My--azz View Post
                guys youtube really isn't bad!

vimeo has made a huge mistake here, they will be losing a huge part of the community.

i forsee literally hundreds perhaps thousands of people who will no longer be using their site
                True, Youtube has the HD button for recently uploaded movies. But they still don't support widescreen movies as far as I know.
                Vimeo might be losing some of their members, but they didn't care for us anyway. The gamers were just resource hogs.

Comment

as i said before just use wipido.com its high quality and made for gamers to use.

Comment

www.gamerztheatre.com allows uploads as is. Meaning what you upload is what you see. Since Stage6 shutdown, it has been the only site that still offers this service.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris--My--azz View Post
                      Originally posted by XxSTAM1NAxX View Post
                      True, Youtube has the HD button for recently uploaded movies
                      Call me stupid but im not seeing this button

Comment

There is no HD button as there is no HD on youtube. There is a View in Higher Quality type button on some videos though. But to honest youtube has the worst quality videos even when viewing them in high quality and the lack of support for widescreen videos means many videos are going to be deformed.

gamevee.com might be a solution.

Comment

Working...
                        X