Spectating for Machinima in COD4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spectating for Machinima in COD4

Alright, After taking the advice from a few guys on the forum here, I though up a pretty good idea for a machinima and went off to go do it. I started with doing a demo and use the COD4 demo player I got, but sadly it does not give me the freedom to do move more freely then I like, unless in the BF2 recorder. So, from there I though of just going into a match and spectate it. It is great, but sadly there are some problems.
    here are some questions I'd like to ask and see if I can get it to work out.

1: How can I get rid of the name tags in Spectating?

2: What are all the controls in Spectating?

3: would Spectating in a demo work if I used the demo player to get rid of the name tags?

Re: Spectating for Machinima in COD4

Go into Spectate, /record (yourdemoname)

"Fly around" with your movement keys, lean keys are used to fly up/down, mouse button to switch between players.

Once you have your demo, /stoprecord (though I use my demo toggle script)

Now load up a devmap, /devmap mp_backlot -> then disconnect /disconnect

Now you can load your demo up with cheats on, so just do /demo (nameofdemo)

Once loaded, you can set timescale to 0.1 to play it slowly, and set cg_drawHud 0, then turn off names etc.

I had a guide for this, but I need to tweak and create a new config for it, so once that's done I'll have it in BFE but I'll post about it in these forums, though I've got other things to do atm so I probably won't have it done for a week or two...

Comment

Re: Spectating for Machinima in COD4

Originally posted by [BFE]DO|*=DaN=* View Post
      Go into Spectate, /record (yourdemoname)

"Fly around" with your movement keys, lean keys are used to fly up/down, mouse button to switch between players.

Once you have your demo, /stoprecord (though I use my demo toggle script)

Now load up a devmap, /devmap mp_backlot -> then disconnect /disconnect

Now you can load your demo up with cheats on, so just do /demo (nameofdemo)

Once loaded, you can set timescale to 0.1 to play it slowly, and set cg_drawHud 0, then turn off names etc.

I had a guide for this, but I need to tweak and create a new config for it, so once that's done I'll have it in BFE but I'll post about it in these forums, though I've got other things to do atm so I probably won't have it done for a week or two...
      I see. I can just use the demo player to get rid of name tags and also it lets me go super slow to super fast, with normal slow and fast and normal setting in it.

Comment

Working...
      X