anyone think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone think

you have a sllliightly farter sight distance on max graphics?? im not sayin a huge difference by any means.

caus i dont want to sit and optimize my shaders maybe someone else could post 2 screenshots looking at the same thing one on all low with max sight distance and 1 on all high with max sight distance

Re: anyone think

so you want someone else to have their shaders optimized huh? i'd be happy to do it, but i may not even be on again for a few days. just to clarify, you want the view distance set to whatever it is on the default of low graphics? cuz you know you can change the view distance & the other items by themselves...

Comment

Slightly, and here is why.

If you turn texture filtering up, it makes the buildings and environment in the distance less fuzzy, along with buffing up smooth edges. Anti-Aliasing is the opposite of this, and makes the jagged edges appear well, more jagged.

Also turning up Geometry will make the buildings a lot easier to see, and if it's on low on bigger maps/extreme distance some things will not be visible (usually barrels and stuff)

Comment

Originally posted by ZinZ
        some things will not be visible (usually barrels and stuff)
        The soldiers behind those things are still visible. I smell an advantage.

Comment

Anti-Aliasing is the opposite of this, and makes the jagged edges appear well, more jagged.
          erm no it doesn't

anti aliasing samples the colours arround an object and blends between by gradienting from one colour to another them effectively making them seem LESS jagged

Originally posted by XxSTAM1NAxX
          The soldiers behind those things are still visible. I smell an advantage.
          indeed low graphics with high view distance = see straight through certain objects

Comment

Detailed information about the graphics

Comment

ahh good old tweakguides

Comment

Originally posted by Chris--My--azz
                erm no it doesn't

anti aliasing samples the colours arround an object and blends between by gradienting from one colour to another them effectively making them seem LESS jagged

indeed low graphics with high view distance = see straight through certain objects
                yeah who the hell said that AA makes thing more jagged? i was wondering what that crap was but i just assumed they meant something else caus i figured they should be really embarrassed making some noob mistake like that LOL

Comment

Working...
                X