CoD4 MP crash.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoD4 MP crash.

Since today I have got some problem with the multiplayer of CoD4. Everytime I join a server I can play good for a few minutes but then the game crashes to my desktop. I have never got this problem before, yesterday I could play just fine but when I tried it today it did not work. Does anybody know what I can do?

My specs are:

Asus 8800GT 512MB
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66 Ghz
    2 GB RAM
    Windows Vista Home Premium 32Bit

Re: CoD4 MP crash.

Could it be that Vista is downloading updates? Also, if you use Windows Defender, open it up and under tools, check what software is running...could tell you what's hogging your memory.

Comment

I'm not downloading any updates and I can't find anything with Windows Defender either. Do you have got other suggestions?

Comment

What about a firewall or anti-virus program? It really sounds like something is hogging your memory.

Does it run single-player fine?

Here's a few things I would try...

-First and foremost, make sure you don't have a bug or spyware on your machine (there are free online virus scanners from places like eset.com).

-Second, run a disk cleanup and defrag (i use a free program from ccleaner.com that cleans the drive of unnecessary files and cleans up your registry...it also lets you manage what programs start up).

-Then make sure all your drivers are up to date (specifically video and sound) and that you have the latest CoD4 patch.

-Also, since you're crashing to desktop and not just to the join server menu, I'm assuming it's not a punkbuster issue...since you would get a pb message.

I hope this helps or at least, narrow down the problem.

Comment

Guys Do you have got other suggestions?
          cuz i have got the same problem too ...

Does it run single-player fine?
          Yes it is.

Comment

I'm guessing you guys are getting a Dx Error // "a display driver has crashed" - nvldmklm (something like that for nVidia) and atikldm (something like that for ATI, though that's wrong it's similar but deffinetly not called that)

Try to update your graphics drivers... I used to get the Dx Error / display driver crashing alot, but then after I updated my graphics drivers and installed the Vista Hotfixes on Microsoft.com site (redirected from nVidia site) - it seemed to solve the problem.

Comment

here what i have got :

iw3mp.exe has stopped working
              a problem caused the program to stop working correctly Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

- and i have the last update for my graphic card
              - the last version of dx
              - the single-player is running fine
              - and i have the last update for my windows vista 32bit also

1. but what is that Vista Hotfixes can i have the direct link ?
              2. my specs is :

Asus 8800GTS 512Ram
              500GB hardesk
              intel proc quad Q6600 2.4 ghz
              Windows Vista Home Premium 32Bit

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHAT I GOTTA DO WITH THAT ****ING PROBLEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X