if i was..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if i was..

going to go with a certain model cpu for my new computer, for any of you that might be in the know for what runs this game and similar games really well. would you go with Intel or AMD? if you run this game really really smooth and have top notch stuff i would really like to know what brands and types of hardware that you have because its probably something similar to what im going to get. thanks

Re: if i was..

I have

amd 6000x2
    8800gt oc2
    4 gigs

All high, I get around 90-100 fps on 32 under. drops around 70-80 in bigger servers

Comment

Originally posted by Field View Post
      going to go with a certain model cpu for my new computer, for any of you that might be in the know for what runs this game and similar games really well. would you go with Intel or AMD? if you run this game really really smooth and have top notch stuff i would really like to know what brands and types of hardware that you have because its probably something similar to what im going to get. thanks
      Don't go AMD unless that you're hardcore like me.

Go with Intel CPU, Intel chipset and one card solution.

Exactly what configuration you should get depends on how much money you can or are willing to spend.

Cheap solution:

Intel C2D E7200+DDR2 4GB+P45 board+8800GS (9600GSO)

Mediocre solution

Intel E8400+DDR2 4GB+P45 board+ATI HD 4850

High-economic solution

Intel E8400+DDR2 4GB+X38 board+ATI HD 4850

And wait until early August to see if rumored Intel price drop and new CPU will be there.

All these spec will allow you to run this game so smooth that you can go max on 19" monitor with 4xAA, and still get >80 FPS most of the time, if not all the time. And they are so cheap today. The difference is how well it will hold for future games. Please note that P45 board can only do PCIe X8 Cross Fire. X38 will give you x16 CF with very good overclocking support. Too bad that I still don't see a G45 board out there, otherwise I would suggest you with G45 chipset.

Sorry, but I don't think you have the money to burn beyond the spec that I've listed. Even I thought the spec beyond what I've described kind of ridiculous and sold for some immediate cash.

I've run this game on E8200, nVidia 790i, 2GB and 8800 GS in SLi. Didn't know what is lag until I sold that.

Comment

Depends what you want to play. If you only play 2142, pretty much any core duo will do the job. My e6300 clocked at 3ghz handles the game just awesomely. I get no slowdowns with my 9600GT and CDe6300.

If you wanna branch out go for a faster clocked core duo or even a quad to run future games that take advantage of multithreading. You might want to prepare for BF3

I don't know anything about AMD's. Core duo's are pretty good imho.

Comment

ok well im going to be getting paid at least $18 an hour possibly $20 (im starting on monday, ive moved out of my house yay) and i have an apartment for around $600 its a pretty decent place its got an oddly big bathroom like i dont know what the purpose is lol.

but anyways i dont have much more than a grand in the bank right now so yeah it will probably be a few months before im going to buy anything but i definitely want to get the superior, intelligent choice. i really have no other thing that i want to get than just a computer that is all im really wanting to get.

also the cool thing about this place is that i live about a mile from work and the farthest thing away of any interest or need (the gym of course) is only 2.5 miles. i dont know if any of you have been to Yakima, WA. but anyways dont have to buy alot of gas either. very nice perk

Comment

Gigabyte GA-G33-DS3r iG33 Motherboard £70
            4GB Corsair QUADX DDR2 XMS2 PC2-8500 Memoey £95
            Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz CPU £165
            Nvidia 896MB EVGA GTX 260 PCIe 2.0 Graphics Card £211
            Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Professional Sound Card £85

Total = £626

That should be about $1,000 in America. You could use your old case and monitor and other things like your hard drives and speakers etc. These are the internals that would power your system. A rig like this will be able to handle any game on the market and for the next couple of years. You could even play Crysis lol

Comment

what im gonna do is keep the computer i have and then get a new one. but huh i guess i might not have to spend that much but really im also aiming high. i would rather wait a tad longer and get something that i am severely satisfied with. something that will make me drool on myself when i first start using it. your guys suggestions are helpful to me though because im ignorant

Comment

intel chips are better in general but amd chips cope better and are more stable under pressure

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

Originally posted by avalance
                    Hope that AMD can do Intel what they have done to NVIDIA on CPU market.
                    perhaps grammar check ?

if u mean whats going on between intel ans nVidia on the gpu market then i think ur misinformed because intel gpu's are supposedly crap... sure they can play dx10 now .... @ 3.6 fps .....

Comment

Originally posted by Chris--My--azz View Post
                      perhaps grammar check ?

if u mean whats going on between intel ans nVidia on the gpu market then i think ur misinformed because intel gpu's are supposedly crap... sure they can play dx10 now .... @ 3.6 fps .....

AMD now owns ATI and they've forced NVIDIA to drop price by releasing 4850 and 4870 at very sweet price. Now GTX 260 is $300. If AMD can release a CPU that can at least compete with Intel QX9xxx series, then we'll see Intel dropping price of CPUs. That's what I meant. I don't have bounds of these three companies, so I don't care how much they make by leeching consumers.

Comment

ahh i see yes that would bee good, with intel romping away with their superior cores it has been a real bank breaker for us gamers if we want tip top machines ...

Comment

Working...
                        X