Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad bf2 ranking. any ideas?

hi chaps,

just wondering if i'm doing something wrong.

been playing for several months and play 2-3 games most nights (when work or the wife allows!) and my ranking is in the high 400,000's and my points around 4000.

i seem to always fininsh in the top 10 players (only play 64 player maps, always in a squad, etc) and have i have progressed to sergent level.

also, despite reaching adv level stats in games (eg, i play as medic and revive 20+ soldiers) i still don't receive adv level medic badge. the same for 20+ kill's in a single game.

am i missing something?

cheers

Re: bad bf2 ranking. any ideas?

Originally posted by wickerman04 View Post
    hi chaps,

just wondering if i'm doing something wrong.

been playing for several months and play 2-3 games most nights (when work or the wife allows!) and my ranking is in the high 400,000's and my points around 4000.

i seem to always fininsh in the top 10 players (only play 64 player maps, always in a squad, etc) and have i have progressed to sergent level.

also, despite reaching adv level stats in games (eg, i play as medic and revive 20+ soldiers) i still don't receive adv level medic badge. the same for 20+ kill's in a single game.

am i missing something?

cheers
    The medic badges are gotten by kills and heal points respectively, for combat and first aid, not revives. You have the needed time for the silver badges, just make sure you're on a ranked server, as you're just a bit above 3000 points, not 4000.

Comment

As spearman said, you need a LOT more time in this game to get the expert badges. No offense, but you're way too new to this game to be high ranked. I personally "enlisted" in the game the week it came out, back in 2005, and have played about 305 hours total, and I'm still barely in the top 100,000.

EA sold several million copies of this game (around 3-4 million I think) and assuming every copy sold has at least one soldier enlisted, there are probably close to 5-6 million ranked players in BF2. The game rewards quantity of play, rather than quality of play, so those who play longest are the highest ranked, rather than those who play well.

Hopefully, with BF3, EA will set the leaderboards to rank based on an average of global score, KDR, SPM, and awards received, rather than just total points. In the meantime, play often and you'll move up the ranks quickly. Your SPM isn't bad, per se, so you should be nearing the officer ranks with another 500 hours of play or so. My advice: unlock the G36E with your next unlock. It will make scoring with your favorite kit even easier, which will allow you to rank up and unlock the other guns faster too.

Comment

Created Account GMT: Jun 9, 2008 03:41 pm

you got a long way to go before you can even think of getting some expert badges. expert medic requires a minimum of 100 hours playing as medic, then only after you have the time played, can you try to get the badge. you have 17hrs as medic.
        "Crunch's First Officer"
        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

thanks guys. i'll keep playing then (not that i was ever going to stop! lol)

great game

Comment

Working...
          X