Titan servers: why always crash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titan servers: why always crash?

Why is it that all the titan servers seem to crash and reboot during the MIDDLE of a round? this happens so much on Zs server and all the titan servers and it's really frustrating seeing all your work for the round going down the drain. why isn't this long time problem being fixed? is it the servers or DICE that's at fault?

Re: Titan servers: why always crash?

All servers crash, just titans more than conquest. From what I have been able to learn over the last year plus is that it doesn't really matter who the server provider is. We've been with three of the main ones and had the same crashes with all of them. I am told that it has to do with the server, GameSpy, and EA's Stats Server. Whether that is actually true or not is anyone's guess.

Comment

naw i don't agree with you. i played tons of conquest and never had the "middle of the round server reboot" that titan servers experience. i have never seen the same type of crash on conquest servers, never.

Comment

Then you just haven't been in them when they do. Like I said, they don't crash as often, but they still crash.

Comment

i play titan alot and can't remember the last time a server crashed in the middle of the round

Comment

Had a CTD day before yesterday, although it was time for me to log out for the night anyway... :thumbsup: Thanks EA!

Comment

Originally posted by Killerus View Post
              i play titan alot and can't remember the last time a server crashed in the middle of the round
              i suggest you go check out some of the logs from popular titan servers. it's easy to notice the spikes in graphs when it crashes and reboots.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster View Post
                i suggest you go check out some of the logs from popular titan servers. it's easy to notice the spikes in graphs when it crashes and reboots.

i am not saying they never crash. I am saying that i am lucky in the fact that they don't seem to crash while i am playing.

Comment

Titans are big, buggy creatures. I don't understand the code involved completely, there is too much actually in the engine that runs it... However it has much more possibility to glitch up simply due to it's nature. A server crash normally occurs when the server program tries to parse some code that it does not understand. Its normally not the actual server crashing, as much as the "server instance"... Think of it like a CtD. The server doesn't power down and back up, it is just that the game goes down and reboots.

Because of all the variables involved, glitches happen. Titan shields not dying, spinning silos, crazy spawns, random consoles dying, buggy messages... There is no end to the amounts of server side glitches can happen when you have something that requires so much "experimental" code. Conquest is simple, the only thing that it has to parse is ticket amount and actual gameplay. Titan has to track shields, hull, silo-tracking, titan movement, consoles... Its just massive.

Comment

I noticed they seem to have more lag and that can crash them more often.

Comment

Working...
                    X