Ingame Brightness Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ingame Brightness Problem

I noticed a while back that everything seemed darker all of a sudden while ingame . I was unable to see ladders when inside a building or tower , and also hard to see enemy in semi-dark areas on a map (especially EU players) . I tried to explain this issue to a few people but had a hard time explaining it till now . I have a couple of screenshots to contrast what I am dealing with . Every now and then the brightness will kick back in like it used to be , but will revert to the dark tint as soon as I leave an area . I noticed this area of the forum and thought I'd see if anyone could relate , and if it was a solvable problem (and yes , drivers and all other pc upkeep is solid) .

The way my ingame experience used to look ...

How it looks now ... Not the best example , but you get the idea .

Re: Ingame Brightness Problem

The bottom pic is like how my game always looks... and I have no clue tbh

Comment

yeah, the bottom one also looks like how my game is. I remember ages ago when I used to play titan, sometimes I would get weird colours. Like sometimes really dark, like the lights are turned off in the titan...lol. Or really bright....etc.

When did you realise the change? Was it after you changed anything, or installed the new patch?

Check or mess around with some of the settings, like lighting, shadows...etc. Or try deleting your cashe, and maybe it will return to normal.

Comment

Naaa , not the new patch ... its been this way for a good while , say 3-4 months . I finally got a screenshot the other day to use as an example . Recently upgraded my hardware , but the problem was present before that . I'd say about the time I switched from a CRT display to a widescreen . It would be easy to jump on the monitor switch as the cause , but as the 2nd SS shows , I do get the occasional bit of clairity

I'd does really effect my game . I feel half blind in comparison of the way things used to be . I can't see people hiding like I used to . And on the rare occasion I gun in the G/S , I cant pick out targets near as fast as the pilot can , causing great frustration by my clannies , lol

If I were to mess with the video settings , what settings should be adjusted ?

EDIT: Here are my ingame video settings
        1280x768 @ 75Hz

All adjustable settings on high

Anti-Aliasing x2

View Distance Scale 100%

Enhanced lighting effects = ON

Comment

I've had the blue titan happen to me before. Though it went away after I respawned. It's supposed to be dark.

How it's not supposed to be:

Comment

when i played alot of titan i noticed that depending on what map you played the inside of the titans were different shades of color and brightness idk if anyone else has noticed this

but guys, guys are far as having a hard time seeing stuff WHY DONT YOU JUST LOWER your graphics settings if its that important to you that you see enemies?? this isnt a console xbox live shooter you can get rid of shadows and such duh

Comment

Shadows should be mandatory.

I always have shadows because the games looks crap without them. Hate to think that some nub on a 386 can see me quite clearly when I'm skulking!

Comment

Originally posted by Field
                when i played alot of titan i noticed that depending on what map you played the inside of the titans were different shades of color and brightness idk if anyone else has noticed this

but guys, guys are far as having a hard time seeing stuff WHY DONT YOU JUST LOWER your graphics settings if its that important to you that you see enemies?? this isnt a console xbox live shooter you can get rid of shadows and such duh
                Not for me. The inside of the titans always looked identical no matter what map. Only during the transition from outside to inside has a noticeable difference.

Comment

just to be clear , i understand the screenshots I posted were not the best example , but do somewhat demonstrate the difference of my ingame experience . Its is almost impossible to verbalise differences in views via text .

The problem as posted remains , and am looking for someone that may have experienced something simular , and what setttings were adjusted to correct the problem ... When I cant see inside buildings , or cant find a ladder inside a tower , that can be a problem

Comment

butt

I am unsure of how ATI does things but I to had the same problem with 2142 and bf2.

I have an Asus 8800GTX and on the Nvidia control Panel I messed around with a few things.(a driver update is what gave me the prob you are having)

I know that is not the case with you,how ever what I finaly changed was the Digital Vibrance under the Adjust Desktop Color Settings,I moved the slider up to about 30 from zero poof,bobs your uncle it worked and things look better also(to me any way).

This prob will be of no help to you sir but I thought I would try.

Hope you get it sorted.
                    :salute:

Comment

^ Well ... got a good news/bad news result . On the good news , I went into the video card and bumped up the brightness and it did help some (still pretty dark in buildings/towers , but better) But , on the bad news I changed my video settings to medium , now when I load into game , the game crashes , with a "battlefield exe has stopped working , blah blah blah" lol , no flipping idea what I did to cause an error message like that . I tried to reload the game multiple times , but as soon I join a server it game craps out .

Comment

Working...
                      X