Max settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max settings

What's the bare minimum hardware to run this game on all high at a decent resolution (1280*960 at the least), not including AA and texture filtering?

Re: Max settings

7900 maybe?

1650XT I would say..

Comment

I ran it on an ATI X600 for a short time, then upgraded to a 6800. So... you could conceivably play with a $20 gfx card.

The requirements ARE on the box and wikipedia you know.
      Originally posted by Wikipedia
      System requirements Windows XP or Mac OS X (Intel based) operating system, 1.7 GHz processor, 128 MB DirectX compliant video card with Pixel shader 2.0 and above (AGP and PCIe only), 512 MB RAM, DirectX 9.0c or higher, broadband internet connection"
      A high clock Pentium 4 or Pentium D and a Nvidia 6800GT would be the lowest I would want to play it on.

Comment

He isn't asking for the minimum, he's asking what you need to get the maximum.
        There is a huge difference.
        I had it maxed at 1280x1024 with a 7800GT when it came out. Then I went to an 8800 GTS 640 with a bigger monitor, maxed at 1600x1200. It really depends on the resolution of your monitor or what you want to run at. You can probably max it out at 800x600 with a 6800 GT... I know it's almost playable at 800x600 on the lowest settings on 16 player maps with my 6100 laptop GPU...

Comment

Yeah, I could play on all medium on the X700 mobility radeon (still do).

Comment

My old 7900GS could run the game maxed at 1680x1050 and get avg 50fps. I just sold it on eBay - got £20 for it. One of those can handle 2142 easily but the other components in your rig would have to be up to par too.

Looking at your stats I would recommend a new processor. Any Core Duo 2 will handle 2142 but I overclock my e6300 from 1.87 to 3ghz to get everything nice and silky.

Comment

I think my old x850xt 256mb ran all on high @ 1280x960
              You will also need 2gb of ram and a decent processor.

Comment

I played on 1280x1024 on my 6800, Pentium D (2.8) and 1GB of ram.

Comment

yeah but on what servers, with how many people, and what kind of framerate were you getting?

theres a difference between 'playing' the game and 'PLAYING' the game you know what i mean

Comment

Working...
                  X