Bf2142.exe has stopped working. Renddx9.dll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bf2142.exe has stopped working. Renddx9.dll

Hello, I just bought a new laptop and installed a dual boot system allowing it to run Xp and Vista.

I was planning to use Xp just for games.

After I installed Bf2142, there were a series of bugs that I have managed to overcome. But, one of the ones that is driving me crazy is whenever I try to launch BF2142, this picture appears

Here is my EASYINFO:

Re: Bf2142.exe has stopped working. Renddx9.dll

Try re-installing directx 9.0c

Comment

Why not just run it on Vista? I do and without any problems whatsoever too.

Anyway, try re-installing DX9 like Natt said. Then try re-installing BF2142. re-installing is usually the best way to fix just about anything.

Comment

Hello, I have tried to uninstall & reinstall DirectX9 with no success.

I also upgraded to Xp SP3 to try and fix the problem with no success.

I do not run it on vista because it is much slower and causes various problems.

~Thanks for your time, I look foward to your responses.

Comment

What refresh rate is your screen running at? If it's below 60Hz the game might not work.
          You can try changing it in all the video.con files in My Documents/Battlefield 2/Profiles using notepad.
          If it's 60Hz or higher, delete the Battlefield 2 folder in My Documents and update your graphics drivers.

Comment

The refresh rate is exactly 60.

I've tried updating the drivers from the website and Acer's website but it says it is up to date.

**UPDATE**

I've managed to get the game to launch using a program called 3d analyze. I have no clue what it does but it can get me into game with TONS of graphic glitches. I'll get you guys a screenshot later.

Comment

As far as I can tell that program is for cards that can't run the game normally. The Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset is supposed to be able to run BF2.
              You may need to uninstall your gfx drivers before installing new ones, get them from here: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Prod...=2800&lang=eng

Comment

Thanks, I tried that and it worked.

But the sad part is that battlefield is still slow

My processor is an Intel Core 2 Duo processor T5550 1.83 Ghz which surpass the requirements but it still is slow in some part of the game (when tons of emp grenades are thrown, orbital strike).

Is there any way to speed this up? Thanks

Comment

Shutting down background processes that don't need to be running should help a bit, otherwise there's not much you can do.
                  EA has a manual guide here
                  Or try a free program like End it All 2

Comment

Your gfx chip is not even a card, its a crap chip built into the mobo, no wonder you can't play at an acceptable frame rate, i am surprised you can play at all.

Comment

yea get a video card!

Comment

u can't simply "get a video card" for laptops it's not as simple as upgrading a desktop all u can really do with a laptop is up it's ram, it's battery and maybe it's hard drive space

Comment

Working...
                        X