Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to guide?

Hello All...
    I have a question regarding setting up a CoD 4 server.
    I did a search and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for, so any help would be appreciated.

I recently started renting a server and after the initial install and all the updates, I went ahead and had the server provider install Punkbuster, then they had to update it manually...I also did some searching to find out how to make the server "Hardcore"...which seems to work.

I copied and pasted the following code for Hardcore:

// Set Hardcore mode on or off?
    set scr_hardcore "1"
    // Friendly Fire
    set scr_friendlyfire "1"
    //Spectators
    set scr_freelook "0"
    set scr_killcam "0"
    set scr_spectateenemy "0"
    // Allow Voting
    // It is recommended if you have friendly fire on
    // that you also enable voting so that players can kick team-killers.
    set scr_allow_vote "1"
    The above is all I personally have done to the config file.

Now the main issue I'm having right now is that Punkbuster is kicking us for our cl_maxpackets. I did find the thread in here about changing it client side and that works, but why would PB make it so that having a default setting will get you booted? I even tried changing it server side (only found 2 entries), restarted and still got the same message...did I miss something?

Sorry for being so long winded, but my real question is...Is there somewhere that can help me (a Newbie CoD 4 admin) set up my server so that it plays the way we want? Someplace that shows you where in the config file things are?

I'm mainly interested in:
    • Hardcore On
    • Friendly Fire On
    • Killcam Off
    • Auto Balance On
    • Round Limits
    • Respawn Time

Of course, any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    a.c.

Re: How to guide?

Ok in your PB folder found in the FTP of the server: CoD4/PB - you should have a pbsv.cfg (and possibly a pbsvuser.cfg) - Check both files. Search for cl_maxpackets IN 60 100 (that is what I presume the setting is at, if you can't find that just search for cl_maxpackets)
    Then change it to cl_maxpackets IN 30 100 (NOTE: Do not remove the start parts e.g. set pb_sv_cvar or something, only edit the number at the end!)

• Hardcore On

Search for: scr_hardcore - set to 1 to have hardcore on. (0 off)

• Friendly Fire On

Search for: scr_team_fftype - set to 1 to have it on, 2 for reflective, 0 for off.
    • Killcam Off

Search for: scr_game_allowkillcam - set to 1 to allow killcam, 0 for off.
    • Auto Balance On

Search for: scr_teambalance - 1 for on, 0 for off
    • Round Limits

These are different per gametype.

For SD, Search for: scr_sd_roundlimit - set to 10, means 10 rounds will be played.
    Replace _sd_ with _dom_ or _war_ or _sab_ or _koth_ or _ffa_ for the other gametypes.
    • Respawn Time

These are also different per gametype.

For DOM, Search for: scr_dom_playerrespawndelay - 5 would mean each player must wait 5 seconds before respawning.
    There is also wave respawn: scr_dom_waverespawndelay - setting this to 10 means every 10 seconds players will respawns (together as a group).
    Replace _dom_ with _sab_ or _war_ or _ffa_ for the other gametypes.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I will try those and see what happens.
      Thank you very much for your time...very much appreciated.

a.c.

Comment

Just a quick follow up and a question.
        I finally got the cl_maxpackets fixed, the problem was I didn't realize how many entries there were...I believe about 6 or 7 that needed to be changed in that one .cfg file. Hopefully this thread will help someone else as well.

The question I have is I'm having a trouble turning off enemy spectate while playing Free-for-All.
        I've managed to "lock" the spectate while playing Team Deathmatch, but not Free-for-All.
        Any ideas?

Comment

I don't really play FFA so I'm not sure... what did you set scr_game_spectatetype to? Try setting it to 0?

Comment

Originally posted by [BFE]DO|*=DaN=*
            I don't really play FFA so I'm not sure... what did you set scr_game_spectatetype to? Try setting it to 0?
            I'll give that a shot...I didn't see any line where I could change it,
            so I added one..."set scr_dm_spectateenemy 0"
            I'll try changing that to "scr_dm_spectatetype 0"...Thanks again.

Comment

No, that won't do anything it has to be:

set scr_game_spectatetype 0

not scr_dm_spectatetype

Comment

Thanks, will try that.

Comment

Working...
                X