Punkbuster Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punkbuster Problem

I did a search and didn't find anything, but I can't be the only one with this problem. . .

Anyway, I just got a new computer and wanted to try out my new NVidia 260 card on Battlefield. I hadn't played for a while on my other computer but I installed the software and then did the 1.42 update, realized now 1.5 was out and did the incremental update to 1.5. Now everytime I try to log into a server I get immediately bounced and there is a gray box that just says "Punkbuster". I can't for the life of me figure out why I'm being bumped. I certainly haven't done antyhing that should get my account blocked, so I've got to think it is something else. I tried manually updating Punkbuster itself but, pardon the pun, no dice.

Anyone have any idea what is going on? Thanks.

Re: Punkbuster Problem

Since your User Name here doesn't come up as a soldier in the game, what is your soldier's name? (I just helps with research)

Comment

Sorry, it is the same, more or less. You just take out the underscore. hfdujek. I took a look at the stats and I don't see anything that should get me kicked.

Comment

In searching your player name it looks like you have a problem with your GUID. Did you get the game through EA Link?

The GUID tied to your name is one that has been globally banned. Not for hacking but for other reasons. The message on www.punksbusted.com is:
        The GUID you have searched for is blocked due to the following reason: GUID is occasionally generated due to an empty CD key being stored on Battlefield 2142 and is invalid - often caused by EA Link
        From www.pbbans.com:
        The guid you have entered is caused by having an invalid CDKey entered in Battlefield 2142.

This guid is globally banned by evenbalance. If you are getting a ban message with this GUID try reinstalling Battlefield 2142
        PBBans, Hub, PBBans Hub, Live bans, stream, streaming, pbucon, MBI, Master Ban Index, MCI, Master Config Index, MSI, Master Stream Index, MPI, Master Player Index, PunkBuster, Punk Buster, Even Balance, EvenBalance, anti cheat, anticheat, anti-cheat, GUID, GUIDs cod, cod4, sof2, rtcw, q3, aa3, aapg, bf2, bf3, bf4, bf2142, ro2, Enemy Territory, America's Army, Return, Castle, Wolfenstein, Call of Duty 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 2, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2142, Battlefield Vietnam, Red Orchestra 2, Rising Storm

Comment

Thanks. This suggests two possible problems. I didn't get Battlefield 2142 through EA link, but I did get Northern Strike. The first time I tried to connect, I had forgotten to register from the new machine first and I haven't installed Northern Strike on the new machine. Perhaps it is expecting the key from that? I guess I'll figure it out from there. Thanks for your help. I tried to go to the Punkbuster site to see if I could look something up like this but couldn't find the link. Many thanks.

Comment

In case anyone is curious, the problem is some permissions issue in Vista. All I had to do was choose "Ran as Administrator" to start Battlefield and everything worked. Really annoying how long it took me to find that. . .

Comment

Working...
            X