Still going strong then?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still going strong then?

Well, I recently played BF2 at a LAN and it was a really fun game, especially when your team works together. I wish I got into this game sooner, but I always heard bad things about it. Now, it's true that the hitboxes are pretty bad, but I can sort of deal with that. I hope they fix it in this new patch, though!

Anyway, I was just wondering how strong the community is at the moment. Are there lots of people playing? I can tell this forum is very active, so that's a good sign. With this new patch, it might bring some new (and old) people into it aswell.

So is it going strong enough to warrant me buying the game? I'm going to be playing it again in about 2 weeks at another LAN, and I wouldn't mind getting some practice in. I've yet to play a serious game where people work together, and I feel that in BF2, this is a lot more possible, so I hope there are some servers that encorporate teamwork into their game, and not just some regular pub where everyone runs around solo.

Hopefully some of you BF2 veterans/enthusiasts can enlighten me!

Cheers! 8D

Re: Still going strong then?

it is, yes. The mod communities are still very strong. ask around here and someone will point you in the right direction. As far as public servers go there still are several that are very strong. Not as many as there used to be but the game is I think close to 4 years old or so. I played public last night and had no problem finding good servers where people worked as a team.

You really should check out the mods if you're looking for a higher percentage of teamplayers and working together.

Hope this helps. I'm sure a lot of people here know a lot more of what's going on then I do.

Mef

to answer your question....If you have enjoyed playign in it so far then i would buy it for sure.

Comment

Thank for the reply!

I enjoy playing the standard game tbh. But if there are some cool mods then I wouldn't mind giving them a try. I think I'll go ahead and order this game, it's loads of fun. I've got a copy of it, but ehr, it's not exactly legit :P I'll have a few more games with some friends to try get more of a feel for it.

What are the most played mods at the moment? I'm guessing the modded games are more active than the actual standard game then?

Comment

The most active mods are, more or less in this order:

PR - Project reality

AIX - Allied intent extended

FH2 - forgotten hope 2

POE2 - point of existence 2

Yes, I looked at numbers.

Depends what you are looking for really, there are less players in the mods than in the vanilla game, but you will have no problem finding servers to join in these mods.

There are also lots of other mods worth trying, and for me, every single mod I have tried beats vBF2 in every way.

I highly recommend trying some mods, you have nothing to lose and you may be nicely surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanoRLY? View Post
          Well, I recently played BF2 at a LAN and it was a really fun game, especially when your team works together.
          Too bad that it never happens in pub servers

I wish I got into this game sooner, but I always heard bad things about it. Now, it's true that the hitboxes are pretty bad, but I can sort of deal with that. I hope they fix it in this new patch, though!
          Hitboxes wont be fixed. EVER.

Anyway, I was just wondering how strong the community is at the moment. Are there lots of people playing? I can tell this forum is very active, so that's a good sign. With this new patch, it might bring some new (and old) people into it aswell.

So is it going strong enough to warrant me buying the game? I'm going to be playing it again in about 2 weeks at another LAN, and I wouldn't mind getting some practice in. I've yet to play a serious game where people work together, and I feel that in BF2, this is a lot more possible, so I hope there are some servers that encorporate teamwork into their game, and not just some regular pub where everyone runs around solo.
          Sorry mate, but thats exactly what Bf2 is... Those times where my team has worked really well together can probably be counted on my fingers.

Hopefully some of you BF2 veterans/enthusiasts can enlighten me!

Cheers! 8D
          Btw, i suggest that you try this if you like teamwork: www.realitymod.com

Comment

If you absolutely love IO Karkand with nadespam and mediwhores, or 24/7 wake then yes, it`s going on strong.

Comment

Meh there are still a good few all maps servers.

Comment

Seems there is a lot of mixed opinions :P That's fine, though. I hope the patch helps the game and brings some love back to it.

I think I'll maybe hold off until the patch then buy the game.

Comment

IMO, if you enjoy playing BF2 then buy it. Its only 10$ now so why not? Who cares what other said, you play game to entertain yourself right?

Comment

Yeah, its summer time, so go mow a lawn, and then run to your local wal-mart and buy hte game, a couple beverages and have a blast.

Comment

For what it is worth i still play.

Comment

If you are looking for team work then you are in the right place. http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/21cw.php
                        This is a tournament that is all about team play. Its organized and fun and like it was said already, you can get the game for 10 bucks at Wal-Mart and IMHO it is well worth it.

Comment

It's pretty much all I play. I've gotten COD4 and TeamFortress2 and I haven't touched either of them in months. BF2 is just fun.

Comment

I came back to BF2 from a long(ish) break. I would say it has had a good drop in the amount of players but still a decent enough collection of servers. It is getting real hard to find alternative maps though which really sucks. You'll till find teams that work together, but you have to be a regular on certain servers and known as "a go gett'er". Often, if you are a serious aggressive player and you are a squad leader, people of like mind will gravitate to your squad because you are often where action is.

With a new patch coming out, there is a great chance for DiCE to make a stunning comeback because, like mentioned before, nothing quite matches BF2. COD4 is great in its own ways, as well as TF2, but they are different also.

Stick around...because I am seeing people show up more it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by [31SAB]D|Cpl.InOneEar View Post
                              If you are looking for team work then you are in the right place.
                              Are you kidding...?

Comment

Working...
                              X