Games Crashes to Desktop whenever I hit "Join Game" In MP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Games Crashes to Desktop whenever I hit "Join Game" In MP

I have been running with 1.7 since it came out, no issues.

I played for a few hours last night on a stock ranked server.

Went to go to play today, and now when ever I hit the "Join Game" button in MP the game crashes to desktop.

I have not made any system changes.

I am able to join and play in servers via Xfire, its just when ever I try to use the in-game server browser the game crashes.

I was using it yesterday as well with no issues, im baffled.

One thing I did notice is that for what ever reason, my game has that "Auto Update" tab listed, which was not listed there last time I had played the game.

When I click it, it says current version 1.7, update available 1.7. I tried re-patching the game, but it said that it was up to date and did not need to be patched.

Anyone got any tips?

-Thanks

Re: Games Crashes to Desktop whenever I hit "Join Game" In MP

The "Auto Update" thing is 'on' for everyone, something is messed up between client-IW server that 'detects current version and turns of auto-update if same as server' - So it's basically "forced" on for everyone.

Does it only crash to desktop when you click "join game?" - You may have joined a server that may have 'forced' certain ui_ browser commands which may be conflicting and causing the crash. Or it might be an auto-update on Vista or something.

Check these in your config_mp.cfg
    Code:
    seta ui_browserFriendlyfire "-1"
    seta ui_browserHardcore "-1"
    seta ui_browserKillcam "-1"
    seta ui_browserMod "-1"
    seta ui_browserOldSchool "-1"
    seta ui_browserShowDedicated "0"
    seta ui_browserShowEmpty "1"
    seta ui_browserShowFull "1"
    seta ui_browserShowPassword "-1"
    seta ui_browserShowPunkBuster "-1"
    seta ui_browserShowPure "1"

Comment

I am using XP.

Also, yes, it only crashes when I hit join game.

I can click anything else and it will work fine, but as soon as I hit "Join Game" the screen goes black for a few secs then I am starring at my desktop.

Comment

I also had this problem and posted, here is the thread
        Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

and here is the answer. Maybe do a search before posting or sth

1. Make a new profile in the game
        2. Copy the new CFG files (config_mp.cfg and config.cfg) to the profile that can't browse the server list
        3. Open the config_mp.cfg file and press Ctrl + H (replace)
        4. Put the name of the new profile in the first box, and your old profile in the second. Press Replace all. Save the file.
        5. Repeat step 4 for config.cfg
        6. Go in game, and it should work.

Note: You might lose Singleplayer saved games, but I'm not sure. Didn't check yet, and can't be bothered anyway. Your online rank/achievements don't get reset.

Comment

You won't lose saves, those are located in your players/profile/name/save folder. You can delete, edit, move your config_mp.cfg as much as you want and you won't ever lose your rank or saves (or even saved server favourites)

Comment

Working...
          X