Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the best ways to kill a walker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What are the best ways to kill a walker?

Is there not a small square on the bottom of the walker where you can kill the pilot from?

Comment

No. The pilot is completely shielded.

Comment

To be quite Honest, If I see a walker, I find the nearest hiding spot, and go hide, as I normally don't have the adequate weapons to take it out, but I always do enjoy trying a bit of walker riding, If you have never tried it, do.

Comment

haha walker rodeo

Comment

Originally posted by hooahguy View Post
            pistol ftw! :yay:
            :thumbsup:
            nah, its gotta be the knife :thumbsup:

Comment

nothing better than pistolling one in the balls, it can be done!

i've taken walkers out by exloding pks under it, not sure if it only did 3 damage total to get the kill, but still

Comment

If the walker is on fire or is close to blowing up anyway I usually fires a few pistol rounds at it. If I'm lucky I get the kill credit and the enemy team screams hax

Comment

in my experience, air transport is the walker killer. just remember to bail out at the last second or stay in if you want credit for the kill.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealWolfgang
                    I generally like to play to a walker pilot's bloodlust. As a self-confessed tank whore whenever I see a walker I'll generally try to get its attention by popping at it (but not until I'm a sufficient ways off, heh ) and if he sees me and starts to pursue, I'm usually too far away for his missiles to reach, so I just keep backing up and taking pot shots at him until he either dies or decides to stop chasing, in which case I'll follow him for a bit. If he's unrelenting and I haven't managed to kill him I can usually lure him into the sights of my teammates' tanks and generally he'll be all alone against a tank column. Barring that, a gunship is good, assuming you have a decent gunner or can solo well enough to TV him.

~Wolfgang
                    Yep that's totally the way to deal with a walker when you're in a tank. Keep your distance and pop shots at him, the further away the better. If you're in a walker, you have to charge the tank, but try and find some cover first. Put a building, hill, convenient noob in an apc, what ever is available, between you and the tank and try to get close. At close range you can demolish the tank, but being able to find cover is essential. If there is no cover between you and the tank, shield up and find some even if you have to move away. Unless the driver is really stupid, or your team mates intervene, you'll lose a long range fight.

Also as to the color coded walker in the linked post, I have to dispute the amount of damage done to the back plate with a pilum shot. It's listed as 42, but I've never seen a walker live thru 2 shots to it's ***. I'm almost certain that they die to 2 *** shots 100% of the time (not just burn, but go boom). I've been wrong before, but it really feels like it does at least 50 damage, if not just a little bit more.

Comment

I usually rorsch the knee caps. *** shots never seemed to do too much damage for me.

Comment

I like to sneak around and then run under the walker... and as im usually assault ill start to shoot the underside until the walker starts to freak out and run, usually into a wall, followed by a combo of turning and running which sometimes results in the walker tripping...always worth a shot and its funny as hell to see

Comment

Originally posted by messfeeder View Post
                          I usually rorsch the knee caps. *** shots never seemed to do too much damage for me.
                          unless the walker is moving around i never aim for anything other than the knees they do the most damage other than the vents

Comment

Originally posted by Field View Post
                            unless the walker is moving around i never aim for anything other than the knees they do the most damage other than the vents
                            If it's in front of the Rorsch, aim for the back panel. If you do get a shot before he shields (or if he already has) take it, it will cause damage equal to about 2-3 leg shots. Also, when he shields up. Don't waste your shot, wait till it goes down (count to 8 or so) if he starts shooting and doing good damage get out and back off and quickly hop in and finish him. Some walkers will take out the Rorsch very fast, others won't.

Comment

Working...
                            X